Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Rabbit View Post
Upcoming trip to Pattaya and I would like to get some advice on getting from BKK to Jomtiem

I have taken the Bus before, I like this option, drops me close to the hotel, BUT I'm arriving at BKK at about 5pm along with about 15-20 other international flights, so I anticipate a long wait through immigration. Not sure if I want to wait for a bus at that point and if there is already a line, possibility of waiting another hour for next bus. (Anyone have experience catching the bus at around this time on a weekday?)
In 2013, when I was living near Don Mueang airport, I took local bus to Suvarnabhumi airport, arrived there on Friday afternoon 4 or 5 pm, and in some cases had to wait over one hour for the next+1 bus because the next bus was booked out.

If your flight arrives at 5 pm, and you take the bus, depending on what part of nightlife you want to participate in, it will be a bit too late for gogo bars, but right for discos.

If you have time, you can take the train from Pattaya (only on weekdays, only one departure around 14:30) to Don Mueang, with change in Hua Lampong, cost between 40 and 50 Baht, and time between 6 and 8 hours.