List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How not to behave in a Thai Bar...

How not to behave in a Thai Bar...

I got this from the Stickman website.
    (Comments next post below)
    (ps anyone can translate the Thai comments?)
    [youtube:24c8k13l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkEXfp-JTTE[/youtube:24c8k13l]

Re: How not to behave in a Thai Bar...

My first reaction is the guy was asking for it.

I think the kick in the face was a bit overboard though.

Of course, in the US if any bar owner tried this sort of thing he would be criminally charged with battery and probably sued.
    Having been on the receiving end of irrational customers I can vouch for the urge to punch the jerk in the face. But then our laws and legal systems would see to it that I would be "brought to justice" no matter what the provocation.

Maybe we need to learn to just behave ourselves in Thailand?

What a wonderful video. I'd like to hire that young Thai man and take him on a tour of bars throughout the Kingdom.

His title would be Chief Vermin Control Officer or English Riffraff (redundant, I know) Dispatcher.

I'm not absolutely sure what the Thai woman was saying to the boy who hit the pommie jerk, but I think it may have been a health warning for the young man :"Now be sure you wash your hands before using the toilet."

and the farang was faking death.

Dumb to make a scene, behind the smiles are some fast fists and feet. The national sport is Muay Thai. Nine times out of ten, expect more than one Thai to take up the fight and they hit until the loser is down and out.

Bless you for sharing this - it quite made our afternoon here in Dongtan. My only concern is that it might give my Thai boy ideas.....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

lol drunk dope. He sort of got what he was asking for.

Technically, it is not self defence because he did not hit first and was not an immediate threat (all he did was bang on the table and offer verbal abuse).

Hope he was alright afterwards. He looked pretty unresponsive at the end.

The Thais are very good at making you feel important and being polite to you and this makes them very charming. But I think a lot of falang take this to mean they will always be soft and submissive to your whims... which is far from the truth.

Just another larger lout with a big (full of booze) mouth.....He got exactly what he was asking for, if you play with fire you get burnt especially in foreign ports where you have little understanding of local culture. Thank God one very seldom sees that kind of behaviour in the gay establishments as it seems to be more confined to the hetro hang outs, not that it never happens in a gay place! ......

:cheers:

Liked

Spot on Beachlover. He made a big mistake in using physical force first by banging the counter - the Thai beside him was seemingly directing him that if hewanted more alcohol then he just simply needed to order it. The farang upped the anti and their cards were better,

The Thai female shouts in the background would seem to be, initially following his felling, to the order that it was enough i.e., stop and then to get him out - interestingly but perhaps not surprisingly getting him out was exclaimed without any consideration of his then physical state - they presumably would rather he was at least off the premises before the BIB might become involved...

Demonstrations of overt physical and indeed on occasions verbal aggression are more than likely in these scenarios(bars etc..) to be met by at least an equal response - Straight or Gay bars irrespective . He was perhaps however. whether by design (unlikely) or not, sensible to have stayed down on the ground until things cooled off.

In vino veritas

Some English when abroad still behave as if they still had an empire.
    Time and time again I see this behaviour.
    It shocks them when something (like in the film) happens.