Re: Gop from Nice Boys

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Got a link to the story?
    https://mgronline.com/crime/detail/9...oogle_vignette

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 30th, 2024)

Liked

Thanks aussie. Even with the shaded photo I can recognise Johan from his nose. Just as Covid was breaking he was hanging around Forest Bar, often wearing a smart black suit and he came with me a few times. A nice Nice Boys boy.

4. User who gave Like to post:

aussie (May 31st, 2024)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks aussie for posting the link to the story.

Unfortunately I don't read Thai...and even though I've known Jo for around 15 years the picture isn't clear enough to confirm his identity.

Liked

"Unfortunately I don't read Thai...and even though I've known Jo for around 15 years the picture isn't clear enough to confirm his identity."
    Dodger.

This is a photo from the same story and sadly, it's unmistakably Johan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum's veteran
    Liked

mixed emotions here, a while ago I had my credit card skimmed while on holiday in Italy I had dinner & went for a show, switched off my phone as instructed, missed all the sms advising me of "my purchases", an hour later during interval checked my phone only to find myself 12k poorer. Was so angry that I'd willingly send the offenders off to a North Lorean labour camp for the rest of their lives....

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 31st, 2024), Dodger (May 31st, 2024)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    "Unfortunately I don't read Thai...and even though I've known Jo for around 15 years the picture isn't clear enough to confirm his identity."
    Dodger.

This is a photo from the same story and sadly, it's unmistakably Johan.
    I used Google Translate to read the article in English.

The photo that I have of his I.D card has the same name as the 27yo identified in the article. Unfortunately it is the boy many of us have known from his time working at Nice Boys and around Jomtien Complex.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post

The photo that I have of his I.D card has the same name as the 27yo identified in the article.
    Great, that was the final piece of the puzzle.

Now that you have the spelling of his Thai name you can pass this along to your friend who wants to visit him. As stated in the article Jo was taken to Nong Palai prison in Banglamung (40 minute drive from PTY) which was referred to in the article as Pattaya Special Prison). He can get driving directions and confirm visiting hours on-line.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

aussie (June 1st, 2024), Oliver2 (June 2nd, 2024)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    As stated in the article Jo was taken to Nong Palai prison in Banglamung (40 minute drive from PTY) which was referred to in the article as Pattaya Special Prison). He can get driving directions and confirm visiting hours on-line.
    I might do a test run myself to confirm Jo is still there. He knows me well and he would be very happy if he finds out that my Australian friend who was very close with Jo over many years would be visiting him soon.

I read online that visitors can buy supplies from the prison store to be given to inmates. Has anyone knowledge of how well that system works?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post

I read online that visitors can buy supplies from the prison store to be given to inmates. Has anyone knowledge of how well that system works?
    When you first report to the visitors window you can request a form which will allow you to make purchases for him at the prison store. ...mostly food and sundry items as one would expect. My suggestion would be to leave this form blank and let him tell you what he wants during your visit time - so make sure to bring a pen along.. Simply check-off the items he wants and return the form to the visitors window when you leave.

Back when I had the unfortunate opportunity to learn all about this (12 years ago) prisoners could only spend 100 or 200 baht per day on store items (can't remember the actual amount). Also visitors could put up to 1000 baht in a prisoners account which they then could then use as needed. The most valuable commodity to any prisoner are cigarettes regardless if they smoke them or not - because they can be given to the pod boss to make life a bit easier inside the over-crowded pod (cell block).

One mistake that visitors should never make is to promise a prisoner more than they can commit to. Too many cases of visitors promising to return in a weeks time who ultimately don't return for months if not years. Prisoners have nothing to do but wait for a visit and disappointing them like this should be avoided at all costs.

Make sure to take your passport which they'll want to see when you first drive through the gates.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

14. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Andaman! (June 2nd, 2024), arsenal (June 1st, 2024), aussie (June 2nd, 2024), Aux1010 (June 7th, 2024), Oliver2 (June 1st, 2024)