Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
That worked for my trip to Brazil last year, but not when I tried for Cambodia. They just couldn't get the two or three specific requirements in one letter! In the end, I booked FORTE (Cambodian company, so their insurance fits the requirements exactly and is known by airline and immigration staff).
I have no health insurance now, when I go to Thailand I will probably take AXA as will be the smoothest (Thai company, known by airline and immigration).
Note: as R. Barrow-in the OP is an expat living in TH for many, many years, all he writes-esp. about the THAI social security-will not apply to most of us. Plus the to be expected airline hassles as this is quite rare for a normal tourist or even most expats.
The cheapest required insurance re this 50k covid i could find via those Thai sites seems to be AXA=3.700 THb (around 100 eur), for the min. 30 days. Did someone find any better/cheaper? For me its utter waste, as the hormal state-run medical insuracne for its citizens here is worldwide (up to amount paid out here for same treatment) plus I have continuos extra travel insurance world-wide, but none of these are willing to write a statement with the details wanted by the Thai.
Most airlines also still want you to present a PCR test just before flying back from BKK-min price here in EUr is now around 70/75 eur, but around 100=3.500 in TH?
BTW-certainly in the first weeks many, many people tried the ThaiPass system more often-probably after suspecting mistakes or whatever. From 200k applications (a week or so ago) it seems around 40-50K were duplicates-and the quoted nr of approvals was like 150k-logical reasoning thus suggests anyone gets accepted-maybe after a delay?