Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Adams Apple in Chiang mai seems to be making a comeback

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Adams Apple in Chiang mai seems to be making a comeback

Alas! separation means that I only have memories....and my memories of Chiang Mai and Adam's Apple are very positive. The bar would be full, every night, and many of the audience/punters were students from the nearby university. Come to think of it, they were often as cute as those on stage. Forty or so guys performed, mainly twinks.

I'd stay across the soi at Lotus- which had an outside bar that opened before AA and was a great place for a beer- and so the journey back to the hotel was easy. For both of us. For those at other hotels, transport was problematic.

Chiang Mai remains a favourite destination- P and I go there annually- but the gay scene, or at least those aspects which appealed to me, died long ago. There are still massage joints, however, and House of Male, a sauna, has its good days.

And yes, I remember Mohammed well... he knew the gay scene inside-out. One of the things that I liked about his hotel was that it was in a Thai residential area....I really felt that it was more "authentic" than other hotels I knew in Thailand.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (February 27th, 2021), Patanawet (October 13th, 2020)