Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thailand Mulls Over Reopening May Put Hold On Brits

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thailand Mulls Over Reopening May Put Hold On Brits

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Or the third possibility that neither of your two options come to fruition and so we’re left to decide to travel and “risk it” with the clear understanding that of covid treatment / evac flights .
    If you are so ill with Covid that you need to return home, the question of evacuation flights does not apply. No one is going to fly you anywhere.

2. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (June 3rd, 2020)

Liked

so the beach in Jomtien is finally open again. A friend of mine who lives in Jomtien went for a stroll there yesterday to check it out and actually met up with someone for some fun, but this morning realised he had crabs, went back to the beach and saw the same guy and complained, the guy replied "You only tipped me 300 Baht - what did you expect, lobster?"
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

4. 15 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (June 2nd, 2020), Aux1010 (June 4th, 2020), christianpfc (June 4th, 2020), dab69 (June 3rd, 2020), francois (June 3rd, 2020), gerefan2 (June 4th, 2020), Keith (June 4th, 2020), Khor tose (June 3rd, 2020), Lotusleaf (June 4th, 2020), neddy3 (June 3rd, 2020), Ruthrieston (June 3rd, 2020), siscu58 (June 5th, 2020), Smiles (June 4th, 2020), splinter1949 (June 3rd, 2020), Zebedee (June 2nd, 2020)

Liked

Two excellent jokes ! Thanks bkkguy,for brightening up my pandemic.

I think I'll far cough now.

6. User who gave Like to post:

lonelywombat (June 8th, 2020)

Liked

I think those people over 70 years of age, or with an underlying medical condition, will have no chance of ever being covered by insurance.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    If you are so ill with Covid that you need to return home, the question of evacuation flights does not apply. No one is going to fly you anywhere.
    Some good news on the insurance front for the Brits anyway:
    https://www.staysure.co.uk/coronavir...vel-insurance/

COVID-19: We are delighted to announce our policies cover Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses, if you get infected by COVID-19 whilst abroad; please note that this cover only applies to trips undertaken if the FCO have not advised against all or all but essential travel to your destination prior to your departure.

Unfortunately, no cover will apply under any other section of the policy for cover claims related to any coronavirus (including COVID-19).

So it looks like they cover the medical and repatriation part but not the travel interruptions...I stuck some fake details in and the quote came though as £79 - which is more than acceptable

I think most could pay disruptions out of pocket, its the medical bills or repatriation that would be the killer!
    So hopefully it similar cover will trickle over here to Ireland too!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Wait didn't I read here earlier insurance for Covid was available in TH for a measly 1000bT?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My insurers have confirmed that travel to countries that are not on the FCO's "at risk" list is still covered, including claims for coronavirus. Perhaps if Thailand continues to register no new cases, or a very low number, there is a chance that it will be removed from the list.
    And may be by October....

11. User who gave Like to post:

goji (June 3rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Some good news on the insurance front for the Brits anyway:

COVID-19: We are delighted to announce our policies cover Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses, if you get infected by COVID-19 whilst abroad; please note that this cover only applies to trips undertaken if the FCO have not advised against all or all but essential travel to your destination prior to your departure.

Unfortunately, no cover will apply under any other section of the policy for cover claims related to any coronavirus (including COVID-19).

So it looks like they cover the medical and repatriation part but not the travel interruptions...I stuck some fake details in and the quote came though as £79 - which is more than acceptable

I think most could pay disruptions out of pocket, its the medical bills or repatriation that would be the killer!
    So hopefully it similar cover will trickle over here to Ireland too!
    Unfortunately the link doesn’t work.

Out of interest FCO travel advice also says no travel to Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam, all of which have had zero deaths. If you believe the figures. So I wonder when they will allow travel (and therefore valid travel insurance) to Thailand?

The majority of flight repatriations are done on standard commercial aircraft. People shouldn’t think they will normally, if ever, be getting an Air Ambulance. The insurance companies do this by changing your existing tickets and arranging for you to get two or three adjacent seats or upgrade to business or first class,if necessary.

If you are so sick you...and presumably on a ventilator... I say again how will they fly you home? Which airline in their right mind will take a passenger with full blown covid19?

An Air Ambulance may be able to cope with the ventilator but will have to stop several times on the way back from Asia. Which countries will allow this? If you are lucky they may arrange for the super expensive long range biz jet to bring you home. Yeah, yeah!

Remember it’s an insurance company you are dealing with ...say no more. We have to live in the real world.

And finally you may actually may be better off staying in Thailand, than say the UK, if you are unfortunate enough to catch this rare (for Thailand) virus.

13. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (June 4th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Unfortunately the link doesn’t work..
    No idea what happened the link as it was a straight copy/paste... let me try again:
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Bad news alltogether for those from that quaint island in the Northsea:
    Also still banned from travelling into here, as are the swedes with their peculiair form of coping with corona. Reason are the very bad figures on the disease, so too much a risk of bringing it back in.
    Plus that this white-haired BoJo, who survive the disease with help of 2 foreign nurses (so thrown them out of tour own UK!-keep that Brexit alive) has ordered a 2week quarantiane period for Brits returning from the dreaded continent and further away.