FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Before You Come to Thailand Read This

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Re: Before You Come to Thailand Read This

And if you're flying with Qatar Airways read this. An almost unbelievable act of malice and spite.

https://pattayaone.news/british-trav...-her-passport/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    The Thai government has announced that citizens of and those arriving from the Republic of Korea, Italy, Iran, as well as China and two of its territories Macau and Hong Kong, are to experience the kingdom’s most stringent screening.
    Does not apply to the majority of members of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    And if you're flying with Qatar Airways read this. An almost unbelievable act of malice and spite.

https://pattayaone.news/british-trav...-her-passport/
    Not the first time that such thing has happened, I vaguely remember something similar with a Hello Kitty stamp in passport, problems at check-in or immigration. A bit harsh, but what where these people thinking (I mean the traveller who got a Machu Picchu or Hello Kitty stamp in their passport)?

Liked

I arrived yesterday travelling Dublin Amsterdam Bangkok. I was in fear of airport controls in Suvarnabhumi after reading many posts on this and other forums.
    The controls were not as severe as expected. On leaving the plane passengers were asked if they had come from China, SK, Italy, Iran and HK and if so to fill in a T18 form. There was a temperature screening station which we all filed through and that was it. The check at immigration was very quick due to the low number of travellers.
    I get that the list of countries with entry restrictions has now been expanded to include many western countries, however you can still enter with a medical cert, which is, after all, just another travel document.
    I am in Pattaya now where things are quiet, the bars closed yesterday until April 1st. My condo building is quite busy with large numbers of large people by the pool, mainly Europeans.
    Lots of guys on the Apps now that the bars and massage shops have closed, though a few still operate with a lower profile on the street.
    In short - don't panic. Things always look worse on social media. Life goes on.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 20th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    as seems to be the usual pattern here recently, just wait a while for the real story:

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand now requires air passengers, Thai and foreign, travelling from 15 countries to show Covid-19-free health certificates and Covid-19 insurance before boarding their flights to Thailand.

This clarifies earlier reports that all passengers boarding at all points would have to present the documents.
    Bangkok Post 19 Mar 2020 updated at 16:39

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I
    I get that the list of countries with entry restrictions has now been expanded to include many western countries, however you can still enter with a medical cert, which is, after all, just another travel document.
    I realise you are travelling from Ireland, but just how do you get a medical certificate (presumably testifying that you do not have covid 19) in the England? We haven’t been able to see our own doctor here near London, for at least a year...let alone now!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I realise you are travelling from Ireland, but just how do you get a medical certificate (presumably testifying that you do not have covid 19) in the England? We haven’t been able to see our own doctor here near London, for at least a year...let alone now!
    Yes. Thats a good point and i dont know the solution. Richard Barrow says the same in his excellent blog.
    He also describes coming through Suvarnabhumi today as a GB citizen in his twitter feed. Well worth a read...
    https://www.richardbarrow.com/

Liked

I was due to go today with Etihad but cancelled as the Dept of Foreign affairs suggested not to travel there..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    We haven’t been able to see our own doctor here near London, for at least a year...let alone now!
    Is your doctor sick?

11. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 23rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Is your doctor sick?
    No, the UK National Health system is sick.