Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: pattaya water supply

Liked

pattaya water supply

With a water shortage in isan and the north, is this going to be one of those years where pattaya runs out of water , and it has to be trucked in to ones house or condo building.

Liked

Re: pattaya water supply

One would think the Thai government ought to fix the basics like water storage and distribution before building even more roads, vastly over-sized rail stations and all the rest of it.
    Reservoirs, pipes and pumps first.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    One would think the Thai government ought to fix the basics like water storage and distribution before building even more roads, vastly over-sized rail stations and all the rest of it. Reservoirs, pipes and pumps first.
    The opportunities for brown paper envelopes are much greater when building multiple transport facilities

Liked

If it gets bad in Pattaya it will be much worse in Jomtien.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Actually I think the problem isn't so much the Thai network but a) the actual genuine lack of rainfall ( due apparently to the arctic clouds that normally bring the rain not arriving this year, perhaps due to global warming they think) and also also due to the high number of Dams which have either been built or are under construction on the Mekong River by both the Chinese and all the other countries along the river. So much so that I read in the Bangkok Post last week that the Thai Government had to make an emergency plea to the Cambodians ( I think it said) NOT to test run one of their latest dam's as it would leave the surrounding area with even less water than there already was / wasn't.

That whole dam building process was flagged up years ago as an environmental disaster waiting to happen and it appears it may be happening even faster than they feared !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Actually I think the problem isn't so much the Thai network but a) the actual genuine lack of rainfall ( due apparently to the arctic clouds that normally bring the rain not arriving this year, perhaps due to global warming they think) and also also due to the high number of Dams which have either been built or are under construction on the Mekong River by both the Chinese and all the other countries along the river.
    a) If Thailand has a lack of rainfall every few years, the way forward is to build the infrastructure to deal with it. Reservoirs, pipes & pumps.
    b) I don't believe Thailand has the infrastructure to pump Mekong water all the way to Pattaya & did read that Pattaya was supplied by a local reservoir. Which is fine until that runs out.

Liked

I am back from a 30 day stay in Pattaya. I was the Zing in the Jomtien complex.
    I was surprised to see water trucks deliver water to various businesses in the complex.
    I would have assumed that Pattaya had a functioning water system...pipes leading to businesses etc. But apparently some (many?) business/residences rely on water delivery.

I think it indicates the lack of urban planning in pattaya - no permit required..just build - mentality.
    No water hook up no problem. No sewage hookup no problem.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

8. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (July 26th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked