List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Airport-to-Pattaya taxi service recommendations?

Liked

Re: Airport-to-Pattaya taxi service recommendations?

Another reliable choice is Mr. Sit Taxi. 089 784 8269. No website so have to make bookings via phone/SMS. Cost is 1200 Baht.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Marsilius (April 16th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Am I missing something? what's wrong with the public taxis? I book a limo through my hotel for the return journey because I have a plane to catch but I never have to wait more than a couple of minutes after I arrive in Thailand from London in the public taxi queue.
    Dom Muang is a different kettle of fish....that can be difficult. But not Swampy. Perhaps I've just been lucky. For about forty trips in succession.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 16th, 2019), christianpfc (April 20th, 2019), Smiles (April 16th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Am I missing something? what's wrong with the public taxis? .
    I find into Bkk airport taxis are just fine, but to Pattaya sometimes you get a moan and groan from them if they didn't want to go that distance etc, also if you're unlucky and get one of those gas ( lpg ?) powered taxis the luggage space can be restricted and if you're really unlucky the exhaust can be blown out and the noise is bloody deafening - and to stick that all the way up the motorway to Pattaya, no thank you.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (April 16th, 2019), Marsilius (April 16th, 2019)

Liked

I got a taxi from the rank last year and the driver didn't know where he was. I was staying at Yensabai and as it had been a couple of years since I'd been in Pattaya, I wasn't exactly sure of its location. Anyway, it added another hour to the whole trip. I'll definitely try the limo next time. I really don't need the hassle after such a long flight.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (April 16th, 2019), Marsilius (April 16th, 2019)

Liked

I had used Mr Toom until reading some poor reviews about 3 years ago & to be honest, the last time I used them they sent some 1980s saloon car with a whining back axle. Then the driver stopped twice, once to refuel and once for a p***. Unprofessional.

I then switched to The Limo Pattaya, who have sent nice cars and been on time. I think it was only about 100 baht extra & this is not much compared with costs for a missed flight.

However, I only use a taxi if going to & from the airport. If going from Silom to Pattaya, there is no rush, so I take the bus. If going to the airport and catching a bus would mean some terrible compromise, like getting up early, I take a taxi.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[QUOTE=goji;257479 If going from Silom to Pattaya, there is no rush, so I take the bus.[/QUOTE]

Only trouble with that i find is that I either "do a Joe" and end up getting lost after perhaps getting off at the wrong stop or get off at the Jomtien station and then have to struggle find a bloody baht bus to take me and my case to the hotel. Pattaya really could do with a genuine good low cost taxi service (mafia aside it that's the reason there isnt one) as there's bound to be plenty of business for numerous cars there !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Pattaya really could do with a genuine good low cost taxi service !
    I think the likes of The Limo Pattaya are exactly that. The fare from Swampy to Pattaya is 1500 Bt which is £36. The distance is 119 km (74 miles).
    In the UK that would cost at least £100. I do not know if they do local rides though.

Last time I did Amsterdam town centre to Schipol in a taxi it cost me nearly 50 Euros (£45) and that was about 10 years ago. Its only about 20 km!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just booked The Limo Pattaya from U-Tapao for the first time so hopefully they'll be as good as your recommendation Gerefan - but looking at their nice and efficient website I'm already filled with confidence. ( well, there's the kiss of death if there ever was one :-)

Liked

I've gone with The Limo for my arrival on Saturday. As you say, the clear and detailed website inspires confidence, as did the fact that they confirmed my booking (and then re-confirmed my confirmation of their confirmation!) very quickly. I have high hopes for Saturday morning!
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Just booked The Limo Pattaya from U-Tapao for the first time so hopefully they'll be as good as your recommendation Gerefan - but looking at their nice and efficient website I'm already filled with confidence. ( well, there's the kiss of death if there ever was one :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    I've gone with The Limo for my arrival on Saturday. As you say, the clear and detailed website inspires confidence, as did the fact that they confirmed my booking (and then re-confirmed my confirmation of their confirmation!) very quickly. I have high hopes for Saturday morning!
    Good decision I would say (while noting Nirish 'kiss-of-death' comment). I too have booked with The Limo for upcoming trip next week, I've been using them for a few years now since PT Taxis started becoming problematic on a few counts, some of which were- the racing speeds to Pattaya, erratic driving swerving in and out of the traffic just to gain a few yards and the drivers being glued to their mobile phones which distractions at the speeds they were going was downright dangerous. There were a couple of times I had to tell them firmly to slow down and pay attention. Also the re-fuelling added unnecessary time to the overall trip. Definitely not worth the Bt100-200 saving compared to The Limo.

With The Limo I have never had any incident as yet, cars are luxury models and drivers careful and they are always on time or ahead of time at pick-up point to/from airport.