Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: New BTS extension

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: New BTS extension

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    The BTS needs to add at least one more "set" of carriages and double the frequency to meet even the current demand
    they did announce, I think in 2016, that more carriages were on order and should be ready for live use in 2020, or was that 2022, but then their request for a fare increase was denied so the order may have been delayed

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    it could easily take over 20 minutes just to get change for the vending machines
    that's what Rabbit cards are for, and link it to your LINEPay account and set it to auto-top from your LINEPay linked bank account or credit card and never think about it again, or if you want it you can check the SMS on each journey completion and a full history of travel and top-ups on LINEPay, plus you can also use it at many shops, you get Rabbit Rewards, travel discounts, LINEPay points, and free blow-jobs from station guards - or at least I think that's what it said, Google Translate isn't always that accurate!

even for a tourist the 1,2 or 3 day Rabbit cards can save a lot of time and frustration at the stations - you just need to judge card value v's personal value of saved time

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    In good fashion, they now even have separate entry/exit ports, right hand side for the new combined tickets (the ones that integrate MRT for the first time)
    no the exit preferences are for Rabbit cards, from the last I have read the multi-system "Spider" card is still under development, the first version may now actually (or soon) be on limited trial on some buses, then next year will be extended to all Bangkok buses, ferries and MRT - as far as I am aware there has been no official announce about when BTS will join the scheme and Rabbit/LINEPay are unlike to just walk away but I don't see how they would fit in

bkkguy

2. User who gave Like to post:

BenCH (December 6th, 2018)