Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: new bar in jomtiem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: new bar in jomtiem

Sorry Joe, I can't stand Lily Savage - I think she'd be at home in Ricky's in The Yumbo - but each to his own.

Decades ago I met and bought a drink for Danny La Rue ("Every Other Inch A Woman") in Torremolinos where he had an apartment in the La Noglera area. He was in procession around a couple of the gay bars with John Inman (Are You Being Served?) who was visiting him and probably staying with him.

"Darling, I only drink vintage champagne" he said - so it was an expensive drink, but well worth it as the man was and still is a legend in my eyes.

He always rejected the term "drag queen" with its low-class connotations, in favour of "female impersonator". He always sang live, never lip-synced in his life and he often started his act by entering in the most lavish gowns and saying "Wotcher mates" (Watch out guys) to the audience in a butch voice so you knew he was a man playing a woman (in case you were in any doubt)

Incidentally I do a very good impression of him! Just the voice though - I don't have the figure for the frocks!

PS: He was actually Irish!

Scroll to 3:30 for the best song (IMHO)
    Last edited by scottish-guy; December 16th, 2017 at 05:22.