Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
now i'm down to 35,000/month as well.So yeah, I can envision it, and definitely possible
It's CPFC so there's no 'envision' or 'possible' about it, it's sure-fire certain. But 'why' anyone would want to live that lifestyle is beyond me. Despite never planning to, or vaguely interested in moving to Thailand fulltime this is an interesting thread just for the snippets of what other's consider normal lifestyle. Such as the 18c night time temp when sleeping. That is SO fucking cold, 18c is only on when we first come back to the room and it's hot, 10 mins of 18c and then back to 25c. As for overnight....minimum is 22c but 23-24c ok too. The only thing I don't like about Mosaik is no roof fan, I much prefer that with occasional bursts of aircon.

Like 'smiles' finding it difficult to come to terms with matts Bt6,000 month electric. I'm on holiday with little care about electric costs and even at Mosaik with a huge room, aircon on a lot with 8-10 hrs overnight and between bf entertaining friends and time I spend another 8 hrs+ as well as cooking/microwave/lights etc.. our bill for a longer than usual 12 nights was Bt1,100 at Bt7 per unit, water was Bt110 for 12 nights.

Also god only knows how matt/leo operate without a motocy,(have I got that right? no motocy?) every thai I know from poorest to reasonably off, from Khon Kaen, Pattaya to Bkk has a motocy, daily visit to market, going to work, shops, places....so inconvenient without. Even tho motocy taxi fares are Bt10 in Navanakorn friend there says life without a motocy would be in his word 'impossible'.

But excellent thread matt, seems like smiles and Dodger have also got a grip on things with their lifestyle choices in Thailand and some great advice that even us occasional visitors can consider to boot.