Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Apartheid/Separate but equal.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Apartheid/Separate but equal.

I've already said my piece about how I think it's simply unnecessary for someone to push past someone else on a 2.5ft wide moving escalator just to reach the same place that almost everyone else is going anyway and all just to ultimately usually reach the same train too so I won't bother going into that again ( plus I just don't like people shoving their way past me full stop in life).

But Francois is also right that aside from the arrogance and ban manners involved it IS an unsafe practice for others to shove past someone else on a moving escalator - (which IS very different to a much wider and flat slow moving travelator!) just to get to where THEY want to be, especially when the person they're forcing past might be trying to balance carry on hand luggage bag or god knows what else on the step above or below them, plus being British it's all just a bit bloody rude in my book, the very width of escalators tells you they were never designed or intended for overtaking or they would for sure have been made much wider and to use the reason "but we've always pushed past in the UK and there's even signs to say go ahead and do so" is no reason at all in my book.

I mentioned London Underground running tests on this subject and just in case some think I was joking or pulling facts out of the air to back up my view I wasn't, see the link below, where in a recent three week test london underground changed a complete tube station to "standing only" escalators and it reduced congestion by 30% ! That test is now being rolled out over a 6 month period to see do those figures repeat.

I would add if someone is gently walking down past me and causing me no annoyance I probably WOULD gently stand aside and let them pass whilst thinking to myself "there's someone in a hurry to go no where as as sure as hell I'm going to meet up with them on the platform again anyway", but those that bluster and push and shout 'EXCUSE me" in an intimidatory manner can quite frankly both wait and or go fuck themselves as they so prefer in my book, especially on short escalators as to me it just stinks of "my time is more valuable that yours now get out of my way" and my reply to that would be "no, they can just wait and learn some patience". Actually now that I think of it they should actually THANK me for reminding them to take a moment to relax and realise their farts stink just like everyone else's and that they're really NOT any more important than anyone else - I'm sure those that push past will TOTALLY agree with all of that ! :-)

Opps, nearly forgot - here's the London Underground link.....

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/pr...n-starts-today

http://www.citylab.com/commute/2016/...london/424950/
    Last edited by Nirish guy; July 26th, 2016 at 16:20.