Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Copa Hotel in Boystown

Liked

Copa Hotel in Boystown

I stayed here for a few days last month. The room was great; I booked one of the penthouse suites which was very large, comfortably furnished and had a terrace, shared with the neighbours, which overlooked the action. At approximately 3000 baht per night it was good value considering how much space you got. The location is also good if you want to be in the thick of things.

My only criticism of the place was about the receptionist - pretty unfriendly. When I checked in there was no greeting or small talk or smile or offer to help me with my luggage (or even to find someone else to help me), he just gave me the key and turned back to fiddling with his phone. I don't think the problem was his ability to communicate in English, he just couldn't be bothered. Check out was the same.

Liked: 1

Re: Copa Hotel in Boystown

The lack of assistance with luggage is the reason I no longer stay at Copa.
    Everything else is fine with the place but the complete disinterest in this basic formality, or even the offer of assistance, has lost them my custom.

Liked

Jeeesss ....
    If i was paying 3,000 Bht a night, i would expect to be treated like royalty ...lol
    I stay in 500 a night guest houses, and have always been treated very well ...

Liked

I was most impressed with the rooms when I was "scouting" them for a friend.
    The Copa is more of a serviced apartment block than a hotel; this suits some and not others.

Liked

I agree with the OP on the quality of the accom - I was very satisfied when I stayed there (also in one of the penthouse suites). On an obsessive note, all the light bulbs worked (pet peeve of mine when there are non-working light bulbs in hotel rooms)!

On the luggage front - there's a lift approx 9 feet from the reception desk (if that), so I did not look for/require assistance with luggage - but I appreciate others have different requirements.

B-)

Liked: 1

On the luggage front - there's a lift approx 9 feet from the reception desk (if that)
    We must be thinking of different Copa's.
    The reception desk is just inside the door - about 9 feet from the road.
    The lift is at the back of the building about 15 metres from the reception desk.

Once you have lugged 3 bags from the taxi through the door to the reception, then to the back of the building, then into the lift and again out of the lift, you then have to walk down the corridor with your bags to the room and put them on the luggage stand. For 2000+ Baht a night a little help at the arrival stage would be appreciated and create a great deal of good will. As it is, it has engendered the opposite.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This is what a lot of Asian people call a "first world problem".

Liked

OK Corky - my recollection was that the lift was round a corner to the right of the reception desk. Maybe I'm confusing the lift position with LCR

Liked

Vote with your feet!
    Make your feelings known to the management, but better still put it in writing on Trip Advisor so that other would be guests can learn from your experience.
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R..._Province.html
    Dick

Liked

Try traveling with fewer bags, are you some kind of Diva.
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.