List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SGT and boystown ---getting similar???

Liked

SGT and boystown ---getting similar???

Hello --is there anybody out there ????? SGt seems to resemble boystown of late ---few people around !!!!

I was out of thailand for a few weeks having fun elsewhere so didnt log on here as much as usual -- i noticed a few comments that was alluding to how quiet this board had gotten when i got back

Wow they were certainly right ------

Ie -- possibly one of the worst disasters to hit Thailand in recent times is occurring right now in real time ( although at a slow pace ) --the amount of people displaced/out of work due to the floodwaters is enormous --the financial costs to date or to rehabilate the country going foward cannot be accuractly counted but is in the billions upon billions of dollars

And yet on a forum that is mainly about Thailand , a thread relating to this disastor (bkk flooding/pattaya travel ) started on 11 oct (started by a447) to date plus one or 2 more threads with a similar topic has managed to fill only 8 pages or so ----------- where is everybody ----- you dont have to be here in Thailand to know what is going on (,online news /information takes care of that) and to comment on accordingly --- and so few posts !!!!

Isnt that strange ???

Liked

Re: SGT and boystown ---getting similar???

I too noticed that there are fewer posts. One reason might be that some of our most prolific posters (actually two come to my mind) didn't post for a while. But I rather have fewer quality posts than a lot of trolling (and I think this is the case now: the character of this forum improved to the positive, less flaming, trolling, post-for-the-sake-of-posting posts).

Quote Originally Posted by martin911
    you dont have to be here in Thailand to know what is going on (,online news /information takes care of that) and to comment on accordingly --- and so few posts !!!! Isnt that strange ???
    I don't see any point on commenting on something you know from the news. Why should I (now living in France) comment on the flood in Thailand? I leave it to those who are in Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Martin911
    I believe most people are all caught up with preperations for Loy Krathong festivities as well as dealing with the current flood crisis or food shortage.
    According to many of the numbers and counts, it appears that posts and members are on the rise.

If you are referring to threads that one can view to watch a cat and dog fight go from page to page or one that a poster can get their bloody claws into, you are right. While I don't mind a few snyde remarks here and there, I hope you have noticed that SGF has made improvements and changed. It is no longer a forum where "certain persons" may come and look for their "catfight or their pint of blood".
    If a poster or reader is desperately in need of that type of fix I am sure one of our posters could recomend to them a different site.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss
    Martin911
    I believe most people are all caught up with preperations for Loy Krathong festivities as well as dealing with the current flood crisis or food shortage.
    According to many of the numbers and counts, it appears that posts and members are on the rise.

If you are referring to threads that one can view to watch a cat and dog fight go from page to page or one that a poster can get their bloody claws into, you are right. While I don't mind a few snyde remarks here and there, I hope you have noticed that SGF has made improvements and changed. It is no longer a forum where "certain persons" may come and look for their "catfight or their pint of blood".
    If a poster or reader is desperately in need of that type of fix I am sure one of our posters could recomend to them a different site.
    Now im sorry but "caught up in preperations for loy krathrang/dealing with current flood crisis/food shortage " as a reason for people not posting -- --- what a load of " something " DB
    --visions of hungry farang roaming from resraurant to resraurant looking for their favourite foods is springing to mind lol :jok: :jok:

I just hope it revereses the decline of posting good to hear the posts are on the rise -,this board is the best ive als thought :wav:

And no im not r reffering to those threads where it just became a playground for some --im damm glad you to see have managed t to stop that -- i was advocating for that type of posting to stop for many months as i thought it was driving away the more genuine posters as it were .

Liked

If I want to know the last update on the flooding I go to http://www.thaivisa.com, Bangkokpost.com and nationmultimedia.com.
    I would not expect up to date information about it here on SGT.

Oh well my exbf is living in a village outside Lampang, and there have been no flooding in the village, if that is the kind of information you want to read about. :salute:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I busy busy....

I've been on the road and overly committed. That's why I haven't been posting. Will be a while before I'm back to a normal cycle. :happy7:

The site actually looks fairly busy to me... it was quiet a couple of weeks ago but not that quiet now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    .... I've been on the road.....
    Really?
    Which one do you see yourself as -

Bob Hope, Bing Crosby or Dorothy Lamour?

:occasion9:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Really?

:sign5: So you are that old??

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

[quote=Khor tose]
    Quote Originally Posted by "scottish-guy":uslczn73
    Really?

:sign5: So you are that old??[/quote:uslczn73]

If Beachlover says he is 24 why can't scottish-guy be 19?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

And I want to whop one of these young Thai boys over the head and steal thier nice and new young body! Mine is crapping out! :crybaby: