Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cafe prices up

Liked

Cafe prices up

Once again , i cannot belive what i have heard, the cafe royale has once again increased its drink prices, a small bottle of beer is now costing 140bht. No wonder , on most evenings theres only 2 or 3 guys in there drinking. Is it a cartel in boystown now

Liked

Re: Cafe prices up

Then do what i do and dont go near the place. I know they have entertainment in the bar every evening which has to be paid for,
    but yes to pay ┬г3 for a small beer is a bit steep. But as you said this is why they get only a small customer base now in the nights. Hey ho.
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

Quote Originally Posted by aot871
    .. Is it a cartel in boystown now
    NOW?

:sign5:

Liked

i went there, in may when i ws over, had a meal and some drinks
    food was ok, drinks were ok
    BUT as you have said
    well over priced
    i would have expected to pay that in center madrid.
    also there was only 2 tables there all night while we were there
    seemed a nice place but just managed wrong

Liked

Is this including a 10% service charge? :sign5:

And then some people says that Bangkok is expensive compared to Pattaya, when you in Silom Soi 4 can have a small beer for between 64-100 bht, house drink 75 bht and late happy hour house drink for 50 bht.

Go to DJ late disco with show, Heineken or Singh 100 bht, but also their thunderstorm drinks for 100 bht.

If it is correct with this prices at Royal, I would think that the cafe has turned itself into a go-go bar. :laughing3:

Hi,

I think I would have looked at alternatives!!.... especially during the current downturn such as how much trade the entertainment brings in, cutting costs in those areas and maybe coming up with a few special ongoing continuos promotions on certain brands to soften the blow without giving everything away, which you can't in business, however, you must remain competitive.

David is no fool, I can't see him raising prices and trying to get more out of less like the Thais try to do and fail. There may be more to this story, I would like to think so.

The only times you can charge what you want are (a) You have such a popular place, everyone is fighting to get in (b) You are offering something exclusive or unique. (c) You don't care about market forces and intend to do what you want, whatever the consequences. I can't see the latter being true or realistic,although I have seen it happen in the UK.

Anyways, just come off talking to my friend Shinya in japan, he has just informed me that going for a coffee is 400 yen, 1,200 baht! So.......................if you look at that point of view, jesus, I couldn't pay it, not in a million years could I.

Liked

They are separate from the Copa? If so, I have not been to LCR in years but I have been in the Copa often for the show.
    These are the good'ol days

For God's sake Kevin

400 Japanese yen is 155 Thai Baht

You had a business right??

Liked

i gather the price increase came from tom the hotel manager as the bar is running at a loss, no wonder with the amount of staff they have on , on some nights it must be about 3 or 4 to 1

Liked

its a real shame...love staying there, and am there in couple weeks time for 10 days, but each time I visit the place is more deserted