Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
Quote Originally Posted by justme
Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2
What about happy hour offs?
We announced that a month ago! Buy 2 drinks between 12 midnight and 2 am and get a free off.

No No No - they'll tell you that won't do - they'll tell you that between 24.00 -02.00 isn't Happy Hour.

During the REAL Happy Hour they want YOU to pay THEM 300B to take a boy "off"

Oh and during Happy Hour, Christianpfc wants to you to pay him 100B to bring in his partially consumed bottle of water which he bought in Panorama during THEIR Happy Hour.

:sign5:
What are you going on about Scottish?
If you consume 2 drinks between the hours of 24:00 and 02:00 am, and you see a boy you would like to take off, all you do is call on any one of the assistant managers, show them your check bin and tell them that you would like to take advantage of the free off. You cannot consume prior to midnight and you cannot just assume that someone knows what you want. Just like a bar owner who walked into the bar one time and ordered a few drinks early in the evening. He told the waiter nothing. He then walked out later and made a HUGE stink that his drinks were not 99 baht. He said " I thought drinks were 99 baht on the radio?" I said, "Yes they are, for expats who live here year round". Then he made a stink cause he did not get the special price. I asked him if in fact did he TELL the waiter that he qualified for the special? To which he responded by body language that said, "well look who I am. Everyone should know me and everyone should know I live here year round!" Sweetie, we are in THAILAND. They know very little of "what you want" unless you tell them, and even then they may not understannd. You need to tell them what you want and in the event that a waiter doesnt understand you, you need to call over one of the 3 managers. Nothing here in Thailand is automatic although we train them and tell them.If they dont understand for some reason, although they speak English, you need to say it to someone higher. Thanks for your understanding.