Beautiful Hotel, 62 Bui Vien street, Pham Ngu Lao - US26/night - no problem bringing in guests.
A nice small & new hotel & uncluttered, with very friendly staff.
My friend came to visit me & we walked past the reception without any question from the ever smiling receptionists.
I met my new friend on Gayromeo, & he was all too eager to try out his bedroom skills. As on several previous occasions with Vietnamese boys, he was pleased when I presented him with some new underwear(I always carry a box of new underwear size M to be given away as momentoes :idea: ). No hint of expecting money after the meeting. :happy7:
I also had the chance to try out massage by a blind masseur at The Association for the Blind, located in a building at the circus end of Pham Ngu Lao street, about 15m into the left lane.
For the 1-hr massage in an air-cond room I paid 50,000dong(US2.5). There were 6 beds with glass & curtain partitions, and the masseurs didn't speak much english. However this was not for hanky-panky massage. In an adjacent room in the complex was a sauna for men. As I was waiting for my turn for massage(being a sunday, the place was quite crowded), I noticed many men coming in & out of the sauna. Each customer was given a key to the locker & 2 towels. I didn't enquire about the price or inspect the room, but the crowd didn't appeal to me, although a lot of them appear horny. I prefer picking boys on Gayromeo. :occasion9:
Out of about seven hotels in Saigon & Hanoi, I only had an isolated incident when a guest was not allowed in as it was past 10pm. But it saved my day as I wasn't too keen to have him stay for the night. However these are small hotels(room rates US20-50/night), but my general impression is that you have no problem bringing in guests, especially if you're paying for two persons. I have no experience with five-star hotels.
Vietnam has a lot of potential for fun.