Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: ho chi minh

Liked

ho chi minh

hi

can anybody recomend a good hotel, close to the gay action and night life in ho chi minh please

ive looked at afew gay web sites, but thye dont really do hotels , the only 1 thta is mentioned is a back packers motel
    http://www.godmothersaigon.com/

has any of the members been to this city, and give some advise please

thanks paperboy

Liked

Re: ho chi minh

I recently stayed at the Sanouva which is in the central part of District 1 within walking distance to many of the better known tourist destinations in HCMC. Nice rooms, good breakfsat and generally a well run place. I've no idea what their policy on guests is - I only spent a couple of nights there and wasn't on the look out to hook up. I did notice that several of the hotels I stayed in in Vietnam had a "no visitors in the room" rule, so you should not assume that you can take guests back to any hotel - you need to check.
    http://www.sanouvahotel.com/

Liked

I never really found "gay" action in any particular area however FWIW, I stayed at the Lan Lan 2 hotel near the Ben Thahn market. It was new, very clean, quiet and close to the centre of district 1. Originally I booked at the Asian Ruby 2, I bailed after the first night. Went out the next morning and found Lan Lan 2 for around $50 US/night. The breakfast buffet was around a 6/10 for me. Staff friendly, doormen cute. I did have a guy I met on GR over twice - no questions asked, although he didn't stay the night.

I believe that you are not allowed to take Vietnamese guests to your hotel. I've no idea how seriously it might be enforced.

I know it certainly said that in the room I was staying in and I got the "feeling" that it wasn't on to bring someone back where I stayed ( the name escapes me now) but I met a guy in a local guy in a bar who was interested in some action and he said it was no problem but I didn't want to put it to the test there so declined his offer to try - in hindsight I'm sorry I did now :-(

Liked

I stayed at the Caravelle Hotel in HCM. Excellent hotel with fantastic facilities. Every time I wandered outside I was accosted by guys on motorcycles offering me women. When I said I wanted a guy they told me to get on the back of the motorcycle and that they would take to off to some place where there were lots of guys. When I said I didn't want to do that, they told me they could bring a guy to my hotel. I told them the hotel would not allow guests in the room but all the guys (pimps) said I could have someone in my room until 9pm, as long as I registered him with the front desk.
    I didn't fancy waltzing up to the desk with a rent-boy is tow, so I didn't bother.
    I did not find any gay scene in HCM. Best stick to GR.