I've done a basic search on this board, and others, and a bit of trawling on the net (and continuing to do so), but being the lazy sod I am, I am looking for answers to a couple of questons:

A realistic timescale to purchase of a condo from time of finding what I like to completion of legal process and receipt of keys. Is three weeks ok or I am on " cloud lala land?"

A rough guide, guestimate, (how long is a piece of string, I suppose), of legal and translation fees.

Further on completion I am thinking of letting the boy special rent it from me as it is still a good while before I move to Pattaya, but am concerned about possible legal issues down the line, where I could be presented with a situation where he has lived there so long, or had numerous leases that it is difficult to get him out.

I am almost incllined to do this on the quiet without his knowledge as my trust level is reasonably high but not that high, but there again having an intelligent well spoken Thai person to assist would be an advantage? (Also possible wrath when he does find out as he is bound to). Comments and answers gratefully received.