Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchase of Jewelry and/or Gem Stones:

Liked

Purchase of Jewelry and/or Gem Stones:

Does anyone have experience with buying jewelry/gem stones in Thailand? If so, any recommendations on a good place? I usually find myself in Pattaya or Bangkok, so places in those areas would be most helpful. Thanks.

Liked
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Shop at Home!

If you are based in either the US, UK, or Germany, you might take a look at Gems TV. It's all hand made in Thailand, shipped and stocked to Gems TV warehouses and sold via the TV channels or internet in Europe/USA. You get a guarantee of authenticity and money back guarantee if you don't like what you buy. Good prices too. I've bought from them and have been most impressed.
    Gems TV

In Bangkok I found a number of what appear to be reputable jewelers in Silom (not the Sala Daeng end, the end towards the Oriental Hotel/Chao Praya River) but let the buyer beware.
    Dick

Honest Gems

I have bought many rings with diamonds, shaphires, and rubies from Honest Gems. I have, also, refered many friends to Honest Gems. Their quality is excellent and they are indeed HONEST. Most items have apprased for five to ten times their purchase price back in America. You can purchase most any item they have for about 1/2 of the price tag on the item. My partner and I bought our partnership rings from Honest Gems. Several of my friends have paid for their vacation by taking rings from Honest Gems home and reselling them. They have worked with the gay tourist and expat community for many years and have an excellent reputation. Honest Gems is locate on the Beach Road enterance to Boyz Town.

Re: Honest Gems

Quote Originally Posted by Soi 10 Tom
    I have bought many rings with diamonds, shaphires, and rubies from Honest Gems. I have, also, refered many friends to Honest Gems. Their quality is excellent and they are indeed HONEST. Most items have apprased for five to ten times their purchase price back in America. You can purchase most any item they have for about 1/2 of the price tag on the item. My partner and I bought our partnership rings from Honest Gems. Several of my friends have paid for their vacation by taking rings from Honest Gems home and reselling them. They have worked with the gay tourist and expat community for many years and have an excellent reputation. Honest Gems is locate on the Beach Road enterance to Boyz Town.

Soi 10 Tom,

That's also where I buy all of mine from.

I have bought for Tam, my Mother and Family, all the jewellery items are from there.

Kitty, the owner, is shrewd but fair and all his goods are quality and reputable.

He is also one of the first to give to PGF every year with many generous donations including sapphire and diamond rings as first prizes in lucky numbers.

You are also correct on your overseas and insurance values.

Re: Honest Gems

Quote Originally Posted by Soi 10 Tom
    Sorry Soi 10 Tom, what was the name of the place again?

G.

I agree with Honest Gems. First Class.

Liked
    I bought an 18k chain at Honest Gems in January and was very pleased with the service and price. Do any of you know whether they give you a grading certificate for any stones purchased covering the 4 Cs - Clarity, Colour and Cut and Carat weight.

Quote Originally Posted by tony279760
    I bought an 18k chain at Honest Gems in January and was very pleased with the service and price. Do any of you know whether they give you a grading certificate for any stones purchased covering the 4 Cs - Clarity, Colour and Cut and Carat weight.

I don't,

Why not go back and ask Kitty the owner. He will know, and remind him you bought it there!

He gives out certificate verifying what he has sold is authentic.

Purchase of Jewelry and/or Gem Stones

Central Gems Walking street is a good adress also. Ask for Patrick the owner Thai/chinese speaks exellent english. He has several shops in Pattaya. If you meet him, you wouldn't believe he is the owner.