I made my first visits to Dongtan Beach in Jomtien this trip and had a couple of what I thought were very good beach massages. I wasn't sure quite what to expect in terms of quality but the price (Bt300 for an hour) sounded good enough to give it a try when Tik came by so I took him up on the offer.

Being flat on the sand on a clean blanket was kind of nice once I got the lumps of sand beneath me smoothed out a little, and although the little insects were a bother I found if I just closed my eyes and went with the flow they weren't all that much of a distraction.

Tik wasn't the cutest banana in the bunch, so to speak, but with nine years of experience he did a great job. He works the area across the walkway from Tui's place and will sometimes do massages in your hotel room. I didn't ask about "extras."

There was a bit of a breeze that afternoon, and watching the coconut palms sway gently above me (along with the occasional glimpse of the walking scenery around me) made it a wonderfully relaxing experience.

This second guy carried his own scenery with him, and IтАЩm sorry to say I donтАЩt remember his name but I wonтАЩt soon forget the body! He did almost as good a massage as Tik did. Again, I have no idea if any "extras" are available.

I know this topicтАЩs been covered before, but for those who are planning a trip soon itтАЩs worth bringing up again. Does anyone have any others to recommend?