Guys,

We have just arrived in the UK for a couple of weeks doing a little business.

We flew , for the first time with Qatar Air, in business class , at 78,000 baht each.

Absolutely outstanding, five stars for Aircraft, standards, food, staff and efficiency.

The best service I have ever received in any class and on any airline. I have flown business with Emirates, EVA, KLM, Qantas and BA. They cannot live at the side with this airline.

Seats are like pods that go all the way back to beds. Food amazing standard for aircraft food. Price is great value for money for time of year to Europe. Plane was gleaming.

Manchester Airport was a disaster.

We arrived on time approx. 0720am. Delay of one and a half hours in passport control. I Immigration officer for approximately 150 "other passport channel" although there were four servicing EU passports, still not nearly enough.

We were cleared then called back by Customs, who re checked our passports and then scanned all our luggage again through the metal detectors.

No explanation given. I don't know why

Security checks, I have no problem in our current crisis in the UK, but they could do with a little courtesy school, to say the least. I am not asking to sleep with them, just asking them to be a little civil.

I did not aggravate or speak strong as I was too tired and wanted us out of the airport with a minimum of fuss.

I am aware our people are under pressure, with the present climate, but we were all tired and a little bit of manners would have helped.

Police everywhere again with automatic weapons, in the airport, and then, just to make my day, three tailbacks and traffic jams on the M62 towards my destination.

Makes you "Proud to be British EH?"

We [ Brits ] should remember that, next time we complain about Thai Immigration! Ours is certainly no better.