Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bali Trip Report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Bali Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Oh YNOT555 - and anyone else who's thinking of going to Bali - one thing - do NOT EVER use the local money changers - 99% chance they will skim money off your exchange and scam you - and they're damned good at it and no matter how hard to try and watch and count you'll not see it until you've left the shop
    Contrast with Thailand, where I can hand over thousands of pounds in Superrich and know I'll get every single baht back.
    It's always good to know about a few of the scams in any country, so they can be avoided.

Incidentally, I once pre-ordered forex for collection at Heathrow for a business trip & when counting the bundle before leaving, it was quite a bit short of the required amount. The rather dodgy looking staff corrected this.

Anyway, getting back on topic, what does accommodation cost there ? Can I get something OK for around about about 1000 baht, just like Pattaya ? (e.g. Mosaik).

2. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (June 2nd, 2020)