Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: ChristianPFC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: ChristianPFC

What is so utterly ridiculous about AsDaRa's constant harping on about things which are absolutely none of his business is his total failure to understand that none of us are him - AsDaRa. We all see life from a different perspective, we all have different priorities, we don't necessarily do what conventional wisdom says we should. When I started my career decades ago, conventional wisdom dictated a graduate should spend at least four years in his first employment. That illustrated commitment, dependability and all that crap. Well, I left a highly coveted job after less than 17 months because I was just plain bored.

When I quit another job and moved to Hong Kong 37 years ago, a city and part of the world I knew virtually nothing about, conventional wisdom as showered down on me from all sides was: don't stay more than 3 or 4 years or you'll be forgotten back in the UK and find it difficult to get work when you return. That was total hogwash. Even though I never did return to live or work, through visiting business colleagues at least once each year and through a degree of success in Asia, far more people there knew about me 10 and even 20 years later than had ever known me when I left.

Several times, I have quit good jobs without another to go to. One was in an exciting business I wanted to learn more about. It paid reasonably well, gave me first class intercontinental travel and business class regional travel, 5-star hotels and meant meetings in places like Sydney, London, New York, Vancouver, Honolulu . . . Having learned what I wanted, I quit after less than 3 years. Some thought I was crazy but it was what I wanted to do. I then chilled out for a year before deciding what I wanted to do next.

Thankfully we are all in control of our own destiny. We have zero obligation to let others, apart from partners and family, know what our objectives are or how we go about financing the life we lead. Did I rob a bank? None of your business!

Take Gaybutton's advice, AsDaRa. PM Christian. If you don't and you continue your idiocy here, your troll status is proven! Or . . . . wait a moment! Is it perhaps shere jealousy on your part hitched to an almighty dose of self pity? After all, you also said this after your first ever trip to Thailand in October 2014 -

Quote Originally Posted by AsDaRa View Post
    I feel an idiot for not having gone there sooner. I have missed out on a lot. All the fun I could have had in the past years.
    But then I didn't see many guys younger than me. Most men I saw were 45 or up. Yet I wished I had gone there in my thirties.
    Last edited by fountainhall; May 10th, 2016 at 10:13.

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (May 10th, 2016)