I finally got around to having dinner at Vincent's on Soi Nahmdupri across from the Pinnacle, Bangkok. The place has only been open a few weeks and with no advertisement it's attracting a decent crowd. The place is very subdued, with private little nooks and areas, yet not a very big place. It has a nice comfortable feel.

Service could not be better. We came early, just a few other diners, but when we left there were more chairs were filling up. Vincent the Thai owner was on hand and warmly greeted each table. One in our partly wanted to take the tour of the rooms, I did a few weeks ago, now only two were vacant. A few are staying long term.

We ordered 5 dishes, all Thai food and shared. It's farang spiced, so the Thai's among us had to spice it up a bit. The menu is very expansive, I do not know how they do it with such a small place. The rice comes out in fancy shapes and the dishes and cutlery are elegant. The quality of the food was good. It's not real Issan Thai food, more Bangkok farang Thai food yet none of the food went uneaten at our table.

Only four dessert items and they were out of ice cream. We passed on dessert.

The real test of a new restaurant is how they manage farang food. The cook is Thai and the owner Thai, so I am not sure, but will give it a try soon.

Cost for 5 dishes, with drinks under 700B. Well worth the price and we will be going back soon.

www.vincentsbangkok.com/