some good points - some bad points

I stayed here for a week earlier this month and would stay again only if I was staying longer.

I arrived mid afternoon and called into the Pattaya rent a room office to pick up the key [I could have gone straight to the Condo's reception where the main key was waiting for me but I didn't know this at the time}. I was shown to the room by one of the farangs from pattaya rent a room and he explained how to operate the air-con etc.

The room - good size with ample storage - plenty of lights - the room can be brightly lit or turned right down to suit your mood. Microwave - 2 hotplates and a toaster but no kettle [good job I always travel with one]. Shower was adequate - would have preferred it slightly hotter with more power. Only 2 spare electrical sockets - all the others were being used by the tv etc and hidden by the units - no accessible sockets near the bed - for MP3 player, mobile phone etc ok not a major problem but an inconvenience.

Only 2 towels and these weren't changed whilst I was there although the blurred does say they are changed once a week - I just went to BigC and got some cheap towels.

ID Checks

A note at reception states that all visitors will have to leave their ID cards and will only be returned to the leaving visitor once security has checked you are ok. Neither of my two guests where asked for their IDs and I wasn't with them when they arrived - this could be because they are both over 30 and don't look like money boys. I did see other farangs take their guests back to reception to get their ID cards so there is a system of sorts in place.

Un-wanted callers.

Mid afternoon whilst entertaining I rec'd a call from reception saying that I had a 'boy' caller at reception who wanted to speak to me. I went down to reception and the 'boy' who I had not seen before started telling me about his bf in America and how he needed money etc and would go to my room for 'fun' for 300 bht - basically told him to go away. He tried it again a day later. This 'boy' hangs around the security guard at the gate or around reception - he's called Naan / Naam or similar and works from the nearby go go bar - same soi as pattaya rent a room office. After seeing him there didn't have any further calls from him - looks as if he is in league with reception and security.

Ideal if you want to spend most of your time in this location, not too difficult to get to central pattaya or the beach but you have to walk to the main street - 5-10 minute stroll or a motocycle taxi.

As I said at the start I would stay here again but only if I was staying at least 2 weeks.

Brian