For the interest those who visit Panorama in Boyztown, i received very sad news when we visited there on our first night of our Pattaya visit before a trip to Hollywood. We went to invite our long time friend Tom who is a waiter there out with us as we often do to celebrate our first night.

As we entered I looked around for Tom, couldn't see him thinking he may already be with a customer. As we sat down another waiter we have known for a few years came over quickly to inform me that Tom had died only 2 days previously in a motorcycle accident in Pattaya.

For those who probably don't know him, Tom was a 23 year old waiter who had worked at Panorama for some time, and was a very fun filled guy, always joking and smiling and loved trips to the discos and was great fun to have in your company. I had known him since mid-2006 when he worked as a waiter at Red Dragon on day/night soi 1, and passed there every night on my way from The Flamingo on my way to Wat Chai, boyztown or Walking St, and he was always ready with some banter.

A very sad loss indeed as I know many customers liked Tom in the same way as we did. A really nice, lovely fun guy. He apparently had his accident on the 27th or 28th of Sept and was rushed to hospital, unfortunately the waiter could not remember which, with severe head trauma, the surgeon there [apparently] stating a price of Bt300,000 for treatment, which was obviously way outside the means and he was transferred to another hospital where he succumed to his injuries a few days later.

There are many nastly individuals in Pattaya who get involved in robbery, fights etc..who seem to lead a charmed life, yet a fun loving harmless guy like Tom gets taken, very unfair as is life.