List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good News.. Bad News... in Pattaya !!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Good News.. Bad News... in Pattaya !!

The grapevine was buzzing tonite with news of a possible police raid in Sunee Plaza..
    A letter has gone out to the bar owners advising them that a new headman was now in charge and there would be zero tolerance (my words) ...

The letter stressed that all bar employees must be 18 years or older, all customers must be 20 years old or older,
    no cigarette smoking would be tolerated in the a/c bars and more on the necessity to have all licenses, ID cards,
    and other paperwork in order or else..

Fear of an imminent raid cleared the Sunee Plaza Boy Go Go Bars early of those who didn't have their own ID cards,
    wouldn't pass a piss test, or were just shy of legal age etc.

The beer bars were full and it was a bad night for most of the go go boy bars in Sunee Plaza..

The Good News is zero tolerance now for tobacco smoking in bars... :cheers:
    The Bad News is zero tolerance for tobacco smoking in bars, at least for the nicotine addicts..

I don't know if the raid actually happened or not but if not, there is always tomorrow.. :cat:

Re: Good News.. Bad News... in Pattaya !!

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    .....The letter stressed that all bar employees must be 18 years or older, all customers must be 20 years old or older,....
    Sorry Cat, THIS is the good news, not the smoking ban. Its about time the Thais put a stop to the bull@#it going on in Sunee and shut down the kindergarden.

Zero Tolerance - for what?

I was in Boystown the other night and witnessed another bizarre raid/clampdown.

For as long as I can remember, BBB have had a couple of barricades outside to mark of the parking spot for the "official" car. All of a sudden, a police pick up appears and loads the barricades onto the back. A fairly senior officer then goes to Oscars and gives the mamasan hell about having tables and chairs on the street.
    Meanwhile, the doormen at Throb/Splash have got the message and are hastily draaging their poles/advertising off the street.

Then the bib drove off down the soi, didn't see any more.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    "a new headman was now in charge and there would be zero tolerance "

gosh..fancy that. Who would've imagined that ever happening ?
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Re: Zero Tolerance - for what?

Quote Originally Posted by gwm4asian

For as long as I can remember, BBB have had a couple of barricades outside to mark of the parking spot for the "official" car. All of a sudden, a police pick up appears and loads the barricades onto the back. A fairly senior officer then goes to Oscars and gives the mamasan hell about having tables and chairs on the street.
    Meanwhile, the doormen at Throb/Splash have got the message and are hastily draaging their poles/advertising off the street.

Then the bib drove off down the soi, didn't see any more.
    I wonder what jurisdiciton the police have over that soi. In the context of defending shutting the soi for various Boystown charity events, it was explained on the forums that that soi is a private soi, not a municipal-owned or -maintained one. Was that not true, or has the ownership of the soi gone to the city? Or, can't you put barricades or tables in your own private soi?

Well lets hope that if there is a raid in Sunee that they go for the Crazy Dragon which last night stank of cigarette smoke, had ash trays on every table and allowed punters and boys to smoke freely.
    Probably one of the very few bars to flagrantly disregard this law which makes one wonder how many others it disregards.
    What a dump!
    G

DELETED

Liked

Got balls?

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan
    Well lets hope that if there is a raid in Sunee that they go for the Crazy Dragon which last night stank of cigarette smoke, had ash trays on every table and allowed punters and boys to smoke freely.
    Probably one of the very few bars to flagrantly disregard this law which makes one wonder how many others it disregards.
    What a dump!
    G
    What? Did you forget the number already??

Forum's veteran
    Liked

raid

Last night after 1am my friends and I went to Xray Mens Club in North Pattaya and the doorman/boy wouldn't let us in...the music had been turned down and they were playing slow tunes. We were told that the police were there doing a check up. After waiting 15 minutes outside, we were told to go; for, the place was closing early. I didn't go inside but I didn't see any police cars outside...maybe they were in the back of the building.

Re: Zero Tolerance - for what?

Quote Originally Posted by gwm4asian

For as long as I can remember, BBB have had a couple of barricades outside to mark of the parking spot for the "official" car. All of a sudden, a police pick up appears and loads the barricades onto the back.
    That used to be a frequent occurrence during the daytime with the bib suddenly arriving and removing any advertising signs/billboards and parking barriers placed in the roadway by Ambiance, Body Club, Cafe Royale etc. The signs were carted off to the local cop shop and someone had to go with the police or follow on to pay the 'fine' and recover the signs/billboards etc. Assumed this happened on the days when the cop shop tea-caddy needed replenishing !