I know I have asked before (and probably ignored the responses) but I am graduallly narrowing down my choices of where to stay for a few days in Bangkok.

I have a booking (yes they had a room available) for me and my num friend at the Tarntawan Hotel for 3 nights. I do like the location, I have been past it several times but it is still at my upper end budget (2,500 baht). I also have seen the hotel being offered on Asia Rooms for the same deluxe room at 2,280 baht.

Any views on the Silom Serene Hotel - on Asia Rooms 1699 baht on the Serene website 3500 baht per night. I like the look of this hotel and tried to book here before but it was full then.

Finally Suriwong Hotel - according to dreadedned.com its a little downmarket but another Thai friend suggested that paying for a better room here (not the standard) means you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and it doesn't feel downmarket. Also very goood location.

Oh, the Tawana Ramada currently has standard and superior rooms available from 2320 baht per night. I wouldn't mind giving that a go but I am not sure my friend would feel comfortable in the surroundings of a 4 star hotel. Am I being condescending? Then again you don't know my friend.

Alll advice welcome, thanks.