Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tourism

Having a go at you, Mr. Kool, is so much easier (and more fun).

Whats to talk about?

Theres absolutely nothing we can do about it.

And things are gonna get a hellava lot worse.

Don't expect a bottom until mid 2009.

No...wait a minute.
    By "bottom" I mean't....

Oh hell, never mind.

Re: Tourism

Quote Originally Posted by stevekoolguy
    Let us have a go at it
    Right, this is a story about the fall in foreign tourists and how worried the Thais are about it. Two days ago stevekoolguy was telling us that foreign tourists are less important than Thais to the Thai tourist industry and we should all learn to be a little less self-important. What is stevekoolguy's thesis, exactly?

Liked

EVERYTHING OK!!! REALLY!

Funny thing...
    just before this recent election I received an email from a hotel in BKK that I have made reservations with for my upcoming trip there, that said despite news reports everything was "OK" in Bangkok, and I would have a great time and life was going on quite normally.
    I had a big laugh and thought o myself "...pay no attention to that man behind that curtain!" :geek:
    [b][i]"Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind"-The Bard[/i][/b]

Re: EVERYTHING OK!!! REALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by DamienZ
    Funny thing...
    just before this recent election I received an email from a hotel in BKK that I have made reservations with for my upcoming trip there, that said despite news reports everything was "OK" in Bangkok, and I would have a great time and life was going on quite normally.
    I had a big laugh and thought o myself "...pay no attention to that man behind that curtain!" :geek:
    The hotel was pretty much right.

Liked

Re: EVERYTHING OK!!! REALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Chao Na
    Quote Originally Posted by DamienZ
    Funny thing...
    The hotel was pretty much right.
    Thanks Chao Na. I am assuming you are there? I am well aware of the power of media and how certain parties always have an agenda. This can be seen in American Media and the spin they put on certain topics. My heart goes out to the good people of Thailand, I hope they can reach resolution soon. But when I read articles in some of the Thai publications it makes me wonder, who's side are they really on?

Yes of course I'm there.

Liked

Tumbleweeds on Silom Soi 4

Important little detail.
    But nothing to get in a bunch about. When I say there, as opposed to here, it's subjective.
    I have been following the posts pretty much off and on for about a year before I decided to join and a few more months before I got up the courage to post. But I digress. Are you Thai?

So, please tell me Chao Na, are the streets as empty of tourists as some of the internet publications would have us believe? Does Silom Soi 4 look like a ghost town from some B western movie with tumbleweeds blowing down the street into the doors of The Balcony?
    How do you think the PAD will react to the new PM?