Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vientiane accomodation

Liked

Vientiane accomodation

Much obliged for any info on good gay friendly accomodation in Vientiane, Laos.

Liked
    In my person opinion I would rather say in Nong Khai and do a day trip to Vientiane. Better food in Nong Khai and you get better value for your Bhat for a hotel in Thailand vrs. most anything in Laos.

Louangphabang is worth the trip. Take the bus from Vientiane and don't eat too much before the trip, slow and painful best describes the route but very nice views. Do it once and will you will not want to do it again.

pantawee

Tip Hotel
    E Dok Tong

Re: Vientiane accomodation

Quote Originally Posted by Uranus
    Much obliged for any info on good gay friendly accomodation in Vientiane, Laos.
    Stayed at the Douang Deuane Hotel early this year with my BF. Excellent value for your money - $$.

http://www.vientiane-hotel-link.com/Dou ... l_room.php

http://www.smarttravelasia.com/laos.htm

http://www.vientiane-hotel-link.com/accommodation.php

Had a great time in Vientiane and will be going back in the not too distant future.
    Enjoy - It's worth the hassle of getting thro' immigration.
    :cheers:

Dragon Lodge

Gay owned, gay friendly. Centrally located. Nice rooms. Only boys for staff, some are very handsome.

About 700 TBT for a good room.

Very popular with Lonely Planet backpackers.

Liked

Dragon Lodge

Forum's veteran
    Liked

stay in Laos..

I loved the Dragon Lodge as well and what a bunch of honeys working at the hotel/bar there. It is close to everything
    and feels very gay friendly. Lots of info posted on boards and helpful staff.
    If you are going to Vientienne for a tourist visa, you will need to stay at least two nites and be sure to arrive
    in the morning at the Thai consulate with your photos, photocopies etc. and they will be ready the next weekday afternoon.

The other great thing about Vientienne is the food and there are many excellent restaurants serving Lao food as well
    as French styled farang food. I had some great French bread there and enjoyed breakfasting on the Mekong River
    with French bread, French or Swiss jam and an omelet with strong coffee.

The boys are gorgeous and abound in the parks and along the river. I didn't have the opportunity to explore these
    delights but intend on revisting Laos and also see Luang Prabang in the near future...

WEBSITE?

Also visiting Laos later this year.

Does Dragon Lodge have a website?

Re: Dragon Lodge

All gay Soradith Guesthouse, Saysouly Guesthouse gay-friendl

I forgot to mention this one:
    Saysouly Guesthouse on 23 Manthatulath Road in Vientiane
    Tel: 021 218 383-4 and Fax: 021 223 757

It doesn't look much from outside but once inside, rooms are nice and excellent value for money.

I did take friends back to my room and never ever had any problems. The only thing is the guesthouse is popular abd therefore often fully booked.

If you sort of an night owl you can try the gay owned
    Soradith Guest House on 150 Ban Dong Palan Thong in Vientiane
    Tel: 021 413 651 and Fax 021 413 651
    The gay pub on ground floor is very busy every evening from 21 to midnight. The sound rocks thu all floors.
    Swiss owned and managed Europe restaurant (just behind the guest house, same owners) is one ot the best restaurants in Laos.

Soradith is located opp a large temple in old part of Vientiane, about 2 km away from Ngham Phu (Fountain square) but not fare too away from the new pre-fabricated Don Chan Palace Hotel with its famous all night club Lunar 36 Bistro. The Con Chan Palace is located on banks of Mekong about 5 km away from Vientiane centre and tuk tuk can get pretty expensive. Popular late hang out for handome gay crowd. During day time the sweeping views from hotel restaurants and bars are spendid.

Vientiane accomodation

Dragonlodge guesthouse is very very central, very friendly and the Singaporean owner Peter is very helpful. Worth buying him a beer to show you around and tell you were to go for nightlife.