Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vientiane accomodation

Vientiane accomodation

I know this topic has been posted many times already, so I am just looking for an update of the situation. I will be going to Vientiane and wonder if the following places are still gay friendly - meaning you might bring a friend back with you if you feel like it. The places mentioned in earlier posts were Douang Deuane Hotel, Saysouly Guest House and possibly Anou Hotel and Golden Lodge. And does anyone know how much these places charge nowadays?

Liked

Re: Vientiane accomodation

Quote Originally Posted by karius
    I know this topic has been posted many times already, so I am just looking for an update of the situation. I will be going to Vientiane and wonder if the following places are still gay friendly - meaning you might bring a friend back with you if you feel like it. The places mentioned in earlier posts were Douang Deuane Hotel, Saysouly Guest House and possibly Anou Hotel and Golden Lodge. And does anyone know how much these places charge nowadays?
    Douang Deuane Hotel charges US$20 a night... but if you stay there make sure that you don't get one of the rooms without windows.
    [url]http://thaidiamondstories.moonfruit.com/[/url]
    About my books

Thanks. I see from the Douang Deaune Hotel website that the price quoted is 20 US, and I also found a hotel with an identical name on Planet Holiday/Agoda for 45 US. Is there more than one Douang Deuane Hotel in Vientiane? Or is Agoda really overpricing their products? I seem to mhat their prices in the past were very competive.

Liked
    no there is only one. And yes I've found a number of sites which overprice Vientiene accomodation.
    [url]http://thaidiamondstories.moonfruit.com/[/url]
    About my books

Hope not two

Hopefully there is only one Douang Deuane Hotel.

Stayed there in December. Avoid it. Very austere rooms and the bathroom was up there in the top two or three worst I have ever experienced anywhere.

Not listed above, and definitely not in the $20 bracket, but if you want to splash out a bit, the Green Park is a beautiful little boutique place.

Mr Spoonfed99 and I were made very welcome there.

Liked

Dragon Lodge

For basic, gay-owned, very gay-friendly accommodation in Vientiane, I have three times stayed at the Dragon Lodge .............. very good location, clean, well-equipped, hosted by owner Peter Tan, from Singapore who has long lived in Vientiane ........... great host and know LOTS about THE SCENE in Vientiane .............. can be contacted by email at dragonlodge2002@yahoo.com

Liked
    I do not recommend Dragon Lodge unless it has improved. Cute but disinterested staff/ Rooms dark/ $25 not good value

Worth checking out....Riverrine.$25 Lao Orchid $45..........Vansana @$25 swimming pool large rooms but 15 minutes from town in a rather boring area. I stay there but have my own transport.

Liked

Greetings

There is a guesthouse named Chanthasoum that is located close to Don Chan Palace. Chanthasoum is basic but it's also quite comfortable, you will get a small room with a double bed, cable TV and hot water. They charge $17 US a night, and there are no problems in bringing friends back to your room for the night

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I have stayed at Dragon Lodge twice and it was just ok for a nite or two.. The staff consists of young Lao men/boys
    and is comfortable to have a drink in the bar/lounge area, but the rooms are very minimal. Both times, the small TV was a problem in different rooms and fortunately I wasn't there when it was hot as there wasn't any airconditioning.
    Mosquitos can be a problem, so bring some spray.
    Zero views on first floor and both times I was on the first floor. No lift by the way..
    Dark too, but quiet ..

The Thailand consulate moved and is no longer as close to this little hotel as before and the tuk-tuks are a ripoff and
    expensive.. Nice restaurants very nearby to Dragon but I would not reccommend it for more than a nite and next time
    I will try someplace else.. :cat: