Quote Originally Posted by TOQ
I bought a legit copy of Windows from IT City on the 5th floor of Tukcom.. They didnt have it in stock and had to order it out of Bangkok.. That is probably what they do for all legit software. Nothing in stock at all.

john

Yes, when I got this computer and wanted the legit Windows XP everyone got all secretive and I had to pay cash although the computer was paid for by credit card. I felt like we were doing something underhanded.

For the time being my friend is using the trial version we bought that is good until July 29 and then he can put in one of the disks we got with a book we bought for another 30 days.

It seems odd, but I suppose understandable, that the powers that be in the US and Thailand make a big deal out of ferreting out fake software, but don't offer much in the way of legitimate alternatives. As long as the fake stuff is available, I guess very few would buy the real software, but if they try to cut off the fake stuff & don't offer the real versions, they're not achieving much.