When I bought my current desktop computer from a shop in Tukcom I insisted on legit XP software ... didn't want Vista or a pirated XP. No problem.

My friend has a desktop & laptop and most of the software he uses is pirated/copied, either installed by someone in Tukcom or on CD/DVD from Tukcom.

We recently tried to get Nero 9 for him for stuff he does with videos and whatever ... have to admit I only have a limited understanding of such things,

So we bought a copy at Tukcom, but it's really just a trial version. We also got a couple of Nero 9 books for him, each of which had a trial version. So then I tried to pay for the full version upgrade on line with a US credit card. The upgrades all seem to insist that you have a billing address in Germany, Spain, or Poland. I can use CNET downloads for an American version, but given TOT's recent sluggish performance, the download would take 6 plus hours and, I'm fairly certain, not offer Thai language.

Unless something has changed recently, places like Amazon or whatever won't let you buy computer software on disk to be sent outside the US or EU because you might be a terrorist movie producer or something.

So, I thought, OK, we'll go to a legit shop and just buy the thing on disk. But where? The best we managed was to get someone at Tukcom to install version 8 on his laptop and then when we got home it wanted to download an upgrade that again would have taken over 6 hours and probably would only have been a trial version.

Where/how can someone buy legit software that will display Thai language? Considering all the brouhaha about pirated software, is non-pirated stuff actually available?