Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A farewell to charms

Liked

A farewell to charms

I have usually found the guys I spend time with to be exceptionally charming and friendly.
    However, please allow me to repost a part of another post of mine on the Pattaya Report thread, as I would like to know other people's experiences with boys they continuously spend time with. Is it just me? Do I have the tipping routine all wrong? Excuse me while I quote myself. :clown:

One is small (everywhere, unfortunately) but is a great bottom and impossibly cute. He is also extremely affectionate and likes to cuddle up (read: great actor). The other is also a great bottom as well as being well-endowered and insatiable. So I choose according to my mood. Now I have offed this cutie a number of times, both at night and in the afternoon. On the way back to my hotel we passed a cabaret show and I asked him if he wanted to go in. He nodded, so in we went. As soon as we sat down he said: "Look. My friend working over there." He called him over and they chatted. I tipped the friend (No, I don't know why). He cuddled up to me during the show , gazed into my eyes and was all touchy feely. Anyway, back in the room, AFTER the deed (and his performance was exceptional, as usual) he asked for more money. MUCH more. I said I would not pay and suddenly his mood changed dramatically. He went from affectionate to snarley in record time. He stormed out of the room without so much as a goodbye.
    I think I know what happened. He might have made arrangements to go out later with his friend in the bar and needed extra cash. He tells me he sleeps until 3 every afternoon (not a bad life) so I suppose he goes out and enjopys himself with his money. Nothing wrong with that.
    I have been very good to him over the past week or so. Whenever I have been in the bar, I have been the only customer. I have bought him drinks, tipped his friend who shares his room, as well as his friend in his bar and the one in the cabaret bar last night, bought him meals etc. Well, he has shot himself in the foot as I will not be seeing him again. His cash cow has moved on to other pastures.
    The other guy also pissed me off a little last night when he came over and asked for 40 baht. "Why? You have made lots of tips tonight," I said. His reply? "No, not for me. For my friend. He want to eat."
    I guess familiarity DOES indeed breed contempt.
    Well, does it?

Liked

Re: A farewell to charms

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    I have usually found the guys I spend time with to be exceptionally charming and friendly.
    However, please allow me to repost a part of another post of mine on the Pattaya Report thread, as I would like to know other people's experiences with boys they continuously spend time with. Is it just me? Do I have the tipping routine all wrong? Excuse me while I quote myself. :clown:

One is small (everywhere, unfortunately) but is a great bottom and impossibly cute. He is also extremely affectionate and likes to cuddle up (read: great actor). The other is also a great bottom as well as being well-endowered and insatiable. So I choose according to my mood. Now I have offed this cutie a number of times, both at night and in the afternoon. On the way back to my hotel we passed a cabaret show and I asked him if he wanted to go in. He nodded, so in we went. As soon as we sat down he said: "Look. My friend working over there." He called him over and they chatted. I tipped the friend (No, I don't know why). He cuddled up to me during the show , gazed into my eyes and was all touchy feely. Anyway, back in the room, AFTER the deed (and his performance was exceptional, as usual) he asked for more money. MUCH more. I said I would not pay and suddenly his mood changed dramatically. He went from affectionate to snarley in record time. He stormed out of the room without so much as a goodbye.
    I think I know what happened. He might have made arrangements to go out later with his friend in the bar and needed extra cash. He tells me he sleeps until 3 every afternoon (not a bad life) so I suppose he goes out and enjopys himself with his money. Nothing wrong with that.
    I have been very good to him over the past week or so. Whenever I have been in the bar, I have been the only customer. I have bought him drinks, tipped his friend who shares his room, as well as his friend in his bar and the one in the cabaret bar last night, bought him meals etc. Well, he has shot himself in the foot as I will not be seeing him again. His cash cow has moved on to other pastures.
    The other guy also pissed me off a little last night when he came over and asked for 40 baht. "Why? You have made lots of tips tonight," I said. His reply? "No, not for me. For my friend. He want to eat."
    I guess familiarity DOES indeed breed contempt.
    Well, does it?
    YES
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

It always surprises me when people expect prostitutes to be anything other than mercenary in their pursuit of johns' money. Isn't that part of the equation, for the most part, the world over? I mean, the word hustler does have those connotations built-in...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny
    It always surprises me when people expect prostitutes to be anything other than mercenary in their pursuit of johns' money.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcraig
    Quite happy to give any john that is remotely interested , a look at the covers of the gay videos he is selling.
    The term "john" seems to be gaining popularity in troll parlance. Presumably it indicates an absorption of vocabulary from trashy novels and low budget movies?

Liked

It all depends on the Thai guy. Some are what I describe and the 'Rolex' of the guy. I have known one young man, well he is 30 but seems as cute as when we met some 8 years ago. I know of his care for his family and his penchant for the newest phone on the market, but to date he has yet to ask for anything. I think I made it pretty clear I would not go on enless shopping days and have him drooling over gold items. On the other hand I do pass on enough baht that he would not well served to ask for more. Meeting new guys is a fun thing for sure, but when you find a good guy, be sure to let him know you enjoy his company, but also be sure you set up the rules of engagement. I'm having a very nice time in New York, but at the same time am yearning for Pattaya as I check out Sawatdee Forum.

[quote=x in pattaya]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Beach Bunny":3h5g3xfu
    It always surprises me when people expect prostitutes to be anything other than mercenary in their pursuit of johns' money.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcraig
    Quite happy to give any john that is remotely interested , a look at the covers of the gay videos he is selling.
    The term "john" seems to be gaining popularity in troll parlance. Presumably it indicates an absorption of vocabulary from trashy novels and low budget movies?[/quote:3h5g3xfu]

Erm, it's a rather standard term for a prostitute's customer. What do you call them?

Liked

It always surprises me when people expect prostitutes to be anything other than mercenary in their pursuit of johns' money. Isn't that part of the equation, for the most part, the world over? I mean, the word hustler does have those connotations built-in...
    I certainly do not expect them to care in the least about me; as I have written before and as I wrote in the post in this thread, they are extremely good actors, and I'm fine with that. They are, afterall, hookers.
    But it sometimes surprises me that they suddenly lack any subtlety about the whole thing after having played their role so well.
    Perhaps being the proverbial butterfly is the way to go.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

A447 does deserve a gold star for the title of this thread.

Most people will try to maximise earnings, however when a client has been quite generous over several meetings, then it is a bad move to aggressively demand more money.
    A minority of people might pay more, but I feel most clients would go & find one of the other fish in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by z909
    Most people will try to maximise earnings, however when a client has been quite generous over several meetings, then it is a bad move to aggressively demand more money.
    A minority of people might pay more, but I feel most clients would go & find one of the other fish in the sea.
    If they were smart enough to figure that out, they'd probably be smart enough to have a real job rather than selling their asses.