Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Any SCAM bars around Patpong ?

Any SCAM bars around Patpong ?

As I am new to BKK scene. Are there any bars I should defineteley stay away from as they cheat you with fake bills or absurd high prices when you leave after 10 minutes spend inside of their bar ? This happened to me at Patpong Pingpong show. Or is the gay scene better in this matter ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Any SCAM bars around Patpong ?

... maybe I'm lucky but I have never been "scammed" (that I know of) by the bars on soi 4. The waiters and bar tenders there are great but...(when you pay your bill for drinks or a meal you may have to wait a while before you get your change back). Next, soi Twilight doormen can promise you a certain price for a drink (after negotiating them down a bit) then when you get your water-downed drink the price may be a bit higher...so check your bill placed in the cup in front of you. Next, when you go to GOD, a dance club, don't pay with 1000 baht notes, a couple of the waiters may not return with your change and speaking to the manager there is like talking to a genuine 100% -Arse Hole. A few of the taxi drivers can have "scams" going on...the ones at the airport.

Are there any bars I should defineteley stay away from as they cheat you with fake bills or absurd high prices
    Depends, in some bars they try to cheat you, special if you are a new costumer.

It happens to me 2 times in Patong in 13 years in small bars whit little costumers. A way to raise there inkom that night i think. If it happens i tell the owner or mamasan but i stay calm just pay and never go back ! :bigsmurf:

Otherhand in Tangmo bar last yaer i pay the bill 1.000 bath to much because dark inside, the manager " Or", just came back whit the note !

So it all depends but that is not only for bars in Patong or Thailand ! :flower:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I always assumed that the charge of 250/drink at soi twilight was an informal cover charge for the erotic/fuck shows....if I want a proper drink I'll go to the balcony...

Liked

If you stick to Soi Twilight and keep an eye on your change you should be OK. If you go to some of the smaller bars a short distance away like Nature Boys or Golden Cock then you're entering a different market and if that's your thing then you have to accept that scams are more likely. There's a very accomplished pick pocket who works at Nature Boys and the other boys and the staff are aware that it happens.

Be very careful at the more popular go-go bar shows with many gay tourists from elswhere in Asia who might sneak out without paying their bills. When this happens the bar boys might "stuff" your cup with the unpaid bills lest the staff have the unaccounted for baht taken out of their paychecks. Whenever a bill is placed in your cup check to make sure the charge is for what you received and keep a running tab of all the drinks/bills being put there on your behalf.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    ... maybe I'm lucky but I have never been "scammed" (that I know of) by the bars on soi 4. The waiters and bar tenders there are great but...(when you pay your bill for drinks or a meal you may have to wait a while before you get your change back).
    I don't know if this holds true for all the soi 4 bars but if your inside the Balcony and watch the check bin is taken first to the back cashier who does some paperwork, then the waiter has to find one of the farang owners to countersign or check the bill/change and then you get it. I guess it a theft prevention measure. Not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    I always assumed that the charge of 250/drink at soi twilight was an informal cover charge for the erotic/fuck shows....if I want a proper drink I'll go to the balcony...
    or Maxies or Dick's, but if you want the Twilight go go's also sell bottles and mixers if your serious about drinking. I don't know the prices but I don't think it all that unreasonable.
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by Ponbkk
    Be very careful at the more popular go-go bar shows with many gay tourists from elswhere in Asia who might sneak out without paying their bills. When this happens the bar boys might "stuff" your cup with the unpaid bills lest the staff have the unaccounted for baht taken out of their paychecks. Whenever a bill is placed in your cup check to make sure the charge is for what you received and keep a running tab of all the drinks/bills being put there on your behalf.
    Gosh Pon. Are you sure that people sneak out without paying their bills and it's only Asians. Care to enlighten us as to whether there are particular nationalities that do this, and what your evidence is. Judging from the posts on this board some of the guys from Asean and North Asia have a lot more class than some of the other tourists out and about in Soi Toilet. :salute:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah, I reckon the equivalent of 5 euro for a drink is very reasonable considering all the eye candy and entertainment one gets in soi twilight, where else in the world can you watch naked candle/jerk off/fuck shows at this price....plus all the almost naked lean dancers....even sitting outside where a beer is only 100BHT is good fun...watching all the goings on...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

re GOLDEN COCK- have visited ther since it was led by a man from Norway-in its golden years, and never ever have been shortchanged or cheated there-its just running so downhill that its a step too ar down nowadays
    in general though cheating in gay bars is quite uncommon-far less as the average Thai in daily life.
    Only: if you negotiate a lower price for your drink outside before entering as an encouragement to visit some bar-dont really expect that to be honored-fair dinkum to me, i would say