The Lotus Hotel

IтАЩve been to Chiang Mai many times, but this is the first time that IтАЩve had the pleasure of staying at the Lotus Hotel. Having been around for the past ten years, it is not the same Lotus Hotel / тАШAdamтАЩs Apple that existed here before then.

While many tourists stay close to Tapae Gate, the side of town where the Lotus Hotel is located is very convenient for gay tourists. The Hotel is located directly across the street from AdamтАЩs Apple and within easy walking distance of a few other great places to hit at night. I walked to and from the centre of the old city a few times. The Hotel has a large lit yellow sign on Chang Khlan to point you back to the hotel. The hardest part about walking is (as always) crossing the street. They have installed Walk Lights at what once was the hardest part, the Moat. There are baht buses (sawnthaew) running up and down the major arteries and it works the same as it does in Pattaya. Chiang Mai is a very clean city in Thai standards with virtually no garbage to trip over and Th Chang Khlan is well maintained, unlike Tapae Road with the usual hazards of broken sewers, holes and missing tiles.

The Lotus Hotel is one of the first тАЬboutique hotelsтАЩ that I have stayed at that actually lives up to that description. The rooms are tastefully decorated have all those little extras that separates it from just another hotel room. The bathroom is well equipped with all of the various towels that I am used to living with at home. I found the price to be very reasonable with quite a lot more value than the slightly cheaper place I stayed at last time I was I town. I was impressed at how quiet the hotel is for sleeping at night or having a nap during the day. Just across the street and under / beside AdamтАЩs Apple, you can use the Internet for about 15 baht / hour 24 hours / day. The place is full of boys and a few girls playing online games. The noise can be distracting, but headsets are available. The boys can be distracting too, but IтАЩve already mentioned that in another thread.

The staff is very friendly and looks after you very well from the moment they pick you up at the airport to the moment you are away. You can book your stay online and check out the hotel and rooms on their web site. Although there are several other gay / gay friendly alternatives in Chiang Mai, I recommend the Lotus Hotel.

Surfcrest