Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about the bars...?

Liked

What about the bars...?

So many posts about the political situation but can any body give a first hand information about the bars,? A boy of a well known bar in Soi Twilight sent me a mail complaining they had NO foreign customers. Will this situation influence the prices later for offs , drinks etc.? What will the situation be for guys like me who come to BKK in January?

Liked
    Maybe the bar boys should march on the airport and throw out the PAD then.

I feel for the innocent people stuck in the middle of this. I am one at the moment. But there are too many people here who "don't care about politics" who are now getting a lesson in why they should care.

I am not surprised the Soi Twilight bars are hurting. It is not just the political situation that is causing that situation. But the people stranded here are probably conserving money since we don't know how long we are going to be stuck. And no new tourists are getting in. So that leaves a very small universe of potential customers. Add to that the high prices, incredibly aggressive touts, too loud music, boring shows, etc and it's not hard to see why the bars are empty.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I would've thought with so many people stuck in BKK and unable to get out there would be plenty of customers at the moment. It's only after the crisis ends and everyone has left... when customers will disappear.

Liked

No money left

Yes many people stuck in Bangkok, as fedssocr has said most people are conserving money as theyve hade their holiday and just want to go home its not rocket science Beachlover why there are no customers in the soi twilight bars.
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

Re: What about the bars...?

Quote Originally Posted by searcher
    So many posts about the political situation but can any body give a first hand information about the bars,? A boy of a well known bar in Soi Twilight sent me a mail complaining they had NO foreign customers. Will this situation influence the prices later for offs , drinks etc.? What will the situation be for guys like me who come to BKK in January?
    What about boy's ?

I just mail my boy i cansel my holiday till it is save in Thailand.

Get mail back him like to come over here till it is save.

Great idee now Switserland is into Schengen. Whe go ski-ing ! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Liked

Re: What about the bars...?

Quote Originally Posted by baziel
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher
    What about boy's ?

I just mail my boy i cansel my holiday till it is save in Thailand.

Get mail back him like to come over here till it is save.

Great idee now Switserland is into Schengen. Whe go ski-ing ! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    Do they have special flights for go go boys? :geek:

Sunnee Plaza showed a usual 'crowd'. Lively as always, but visibly more 'offers' than 'demands'.
    Some are waiting for a possibility to return home.

BTW: Redgy's Place is sold as from today. Today is Redgie's last day and tomorrow activities will continue under new owner ship. It's the same owner as Festival in Jomtien Plaza.
    Good luck Redgie, with your early retirement and farm-live and to the new owner of the place.

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    IMHO there are more serious concerns than the lack of business at go-go bars....
    about the most sensible comment on the issue that i have read here

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    IMHO there are more serious concerns than the lack of business at go-go bars....
    His post is not only about the lack of business in go go bars. And even if it was...that clearly shows his interest in the matter. I'm also interested in how this situation could pan out for people who visit in January.

Me

Liked

Update fom Bangkok

I am in Bangkok now. I can confirm that in some of the bars I visited I was the only customer. I have been here for several weeks and it was bad when I came and only gotten much worse. It felt quite strange to go in a bar such as Boys Bangkok at 10pm on a Saturday night and be the only customer. One or two others did evenually come through. I then went to Hot Male which seemed to have a few more customers. But the lack of customers was very evident as you walked through the Soi. The same on Friday night. I noted the same on Soi Surawong. As I walked along near Soi Tawan I did not see many or any other foreigners walking and this was around 11pm. I have never seen this before as it is normally bustling.
    I have used the opportunity to travel outside Bangkok and see some other areas of the country. I took along some friends and had a great time.
    I am here for several months and hope for things to be straightened out by then. I will offer a more detailed report as time allows.
    I still view it as a great place to visit and hope the country gets their act together. A real leader would be a good start.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz