Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taksin's Wife Gets Three Years

Re: Taksin's Wife Gets Three Years

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    Pojaman get three years imprisoment
    It's a sad day when your average thaicoon's family can't get away with ripping off the masses

Liked
    Sad indeed, I doubt she will spend one minute in jail. Of course if all fails, she could always ask her husband to run for office again, he just has to wait three years, and then he'll be elected for sure.

Thai polictics is all about corruption, and I'm not surprised this is happening, as the Shinawatra's are a thread to the ruling elite in Thailand and they need to be deposed off one way or antother, either by militairy force or by a dodgy justice system.

She will look very fetching in one of those orange romper suits wearing shackles.
    Does anyone know how long it takes for a prisoner to become a 'trustee'? ... she could end up cleaning the sewers on Silom

It's on the high def right now.

HE is shown sitting in the first row.

Unfortunately translator is at the dentist and I can't be sure what the are saying.

curruption is good for everybody, so Thailand will remain a third world country and provide plenty of cheap sex forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott123
    curruption is good for everybody, so Thailand will remain a third world country and provide plenty of cheap sex forever.
    Think just how much cheaper it would be if the bars did not have to pay tens of thousands of Baht each to the BIB once a month! The Thai manager of one of my favourite bars told me they have to pay the local BIB 30,000 Baht a month to 'protect' them against being constantly hassled and raided.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowkat
    Think just how much cheaper it would be if the bars did not have to pay tens of thousands of Baht each to the BIB once a month!
    That would only be possible if prostitution were legalized. Which it won't. So, the bar owners' choice is to either not engage in an illegal business, or to pay the price for having the cops look the other way. Not sure who the villain is in this story.

Even bars and some other businesses that are not engaged in illegal activity pay the BIB
    What is the reason they would do such a thing? The only reason to pay the cops anything is if they've got something on you. Whether it's opening hours, allowing smoking, not being properly registered or licensed, not paying your taxes, having illegals on your staff, or any one or a combination of dozens of things. The reason may not be as visible as it might be with the whore bars, but it is there.

Chao Na you obviously do not understand the 'Thai way' Any entertainment business owned by foreigners and some owned by Thais, be it a straight forward licensed bar confirming to the law of the land or a restaurant has to pay a bribe in one form or another to avoid harassment by the BIB. If you know of any establishments that do not then I stand corrected, but sadly I don't think I will be!

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Chao Na
    Even bars and some other businesses that are not engaged in illegal activity pay the BIB
    What is the reason they would do such a thing?
    For protection against those who are engaged in illegal activity.

It's like taxes. In some countries you pay more to the government who pay more to the police. In other countries the police receive only a small salary from the government, and citzens pay less to the government in taxes. Good citizens should surely pay some of their untaxed income to directly subsidise the police, who may not be being paid a salary that is sufficient to live on.

It's your civic duty!