Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taksin Seeks Asylum in UK

Re: Taksin Seeks Asylum in UK

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    I don't know what kind of visa he has for the UK, or what would happen if the courts here issue arrest warrants for him and the missus.
    Like pretty much every country in the world, the UK has a "Gotta Lotta Money" visa for big spenders. How do you think all those Russian oligarchs are living there?

But don't worry...Thaksin is in complete control.

Liked
    "the only Russians living in the UK when I was there were spies or defectors "

Course in Thailand we mainly have defecaters.....

Quote Originally Posted by zinzone
    "the only Russians living in the UK when I was there were spies or defectors "

Course in Thailand we mainly have defecaters.....
    You don't defecate? No wonder you plod around like a constipated ass.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    That's Good News.

The Brits should give him a pee test...paste an "out-of-business" sticker on the windshield of his limo...slap the living shit out of him...and throw his ass in the monkey house for a few decades. Or, maybe he'll just send his helpers out to sprinkle money around the British country side to build another following...who knows!

I'm afraid even in the UK money talks both with government and the Football Association. Even though his wife has been convicted in a legal court and jumped bail I would be very surprised if we hear anything from the powers to be in England. I would also think that the elite in Thailand will not fall over themselves to request his extradition as he knows too much about too many people and is better off out of the country!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

explain

...so Taksin is in exile...seeking asylum; therefore, isn't it up to the British government (or any government) to make the decision to allow him in? His wife now has a criminal record, so wouldn't that keep HER from getting asylum?

Good liddance to baad lubbish

As far as I could tell, Toxsin's whole political adventure had two main goals (a) enriching himself (b) trying to turn Thailand into a clone of America.

He was far indeed from the ancient Greek ideal of a well-to-do private citizen who took up the reins of public office as a duty. Nope, he acted just like John F. Kennedy, and went ahead and bought his way to power.

An illustration: do you know how to make 150,000 per month in Bangkok? As a COOK? Well, you first have to win some grand cooking price in France, and then sign up to cook for an exclusive club. This exclusive club has an extensive fitness area, enormous swimming pool, and a fine restaurant. But it IS an exclusive club: it costs over 100,000 baht per year to be a member. Toxsin is a member. The 150,000 chef cooks for Toksin and his buddies -- not, alas, for me and thee.

There are a million tales in the Naked City! :-) And I want to find them all!

Oh, and a final twist. The chef has received offers of 300,000 per month from Singapore, and he turns them all down because he loves living in Thailand!!

Re: Good liddance to baad lubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Cate
    He was far indeed from the ancient Greek ideal of a well-to-do private citizen who took up the reins of public office as a duty. Nope, he acted just like John F. Kennedy, and went ahead and bought his way to power.
    A better example by far is Berlusconi of Italy

Where are the kiddies: Panthongtae and Pintongta?
    They still owe 21 Billion baht in unpaid taxes

IHT story