Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Will Thais guys be able to marry?

Will Thais guys be able to marry?

If I could take my Thai friend to California, now that California made marriage possible, would I be able to marry him? I realize I first would have to get him there.

Liked
    No need to wait. No gay marriages are recognized by the US federal government or US immigration.
    Cunt Pride!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

gay marriage in Thailand

My Thai bf tells me that gays can get married in Thailand. I have a feeling that this does not entitle the "farang" to any ownership of land or anything...it is just a ceremony, right?

Liked
    My Thai bf and I where both living in Philadelphia when they started to marry people in Mass. the gay immigration rights group out of NYC advised against it

Since the Fed Gov of the US does not recognize gay marriage, and it can set policy in anyway that they want, they can use this as a reason to deny a visa and or deport to anyone without a green card or citizenship.

And if you decide to fight and lose which you most likely to because again they set policy for immigration and there are no rights that you can use to appeal in this case it will set precedence that can be used against future couples who would get it a try and set back the immigration fight. It is a better fight for citizens at this time.

So anyone with a tourist or student visa or applying for one they would see it as an attempt to stay in the country permanently if they where to find out.

I would be very careful unless or until there are any changes in the Fed Govt. immigration policy you could end up barring your bf from visiting the US for a long time.

John