Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: 'No Regrets' Gay Movie playing in Bangkok

Liked

'No Regrets' Gay Movie playing in Bangkok

Last night the BF and I went to the RCA House Movie Theater in Bangkok and saw this movie. First, 'The House' for those not familiar with it, specializing in foreign films that don't generally show in the major movie houses is good to know. Gay films and independent films are often shown. It's located in the RCA Entertainment complex but don't expect a taxi driver to know where the House Movie Theater is located. It's next to the Tops Market, they might know were that is. You might call on your cell phone and let them tell the driver how to get to the theater, 02 641 5177. The closest MRT is Phetchaburi, from there take a taxi or from Silom a taxi should be under 100B. It's on the third floor, you have to follow all the signs to find it.

If you did not like 'A Bangkok Love Story', 'The Last Song' and 'Siam Love Story' you probably won't like this one either but not for the same reasons. It does not have the usual Thai (Asian) essentials for a movie, no shoot em ups, no car chases and the melodrama is held under reasonable control. The story line leaves something to be desired and it drags on a bit. No earth shattering pathos but still it's nice to see two attractive Asian guys being romantic.

'No Regrets' is playing until 14 May. In Korean with Thai and English sub-titles.

So, if your in town or a Pattaya resident coming to town to see the sex shows on Soi Twilight, you can fill some of your time at the House Theater. Others might want to catch this movie at your local art houses or maybe it will be on DVD soon.

www.movieforyou.net/Main/?p=67

www.houserama.com

E Dok Tong

you can get the DVD in Silom. There is a guy selling DVDs beside of the escalator to Sala Daeng BTS near Soi 2, he has a good selection of gay and foreign movies. The torrent is also available online

Liked
    Not to be too pedantic, but I believe the title is No Regret, not No Regrets.

*** Spoilter Alert ***
    In any event, it is an interesting film. I personally didn't like it because I thought the characters didn't make any sense and their motivations were never really brought to the fore. I do agree that the men are handsome though. The ending is just so completely out of nowhere that it really didn't seem to go with the rest of the film. It was like they had no idea how to end the film so it went on and on and then, bam, ending from nowhere. I did like the scene where he is spreading his dead friend's ashes out the car window. There is some really good photography.

If you like Korean film check out The Unforgiven if you get a chance. It is not overtly gay, but it is about men in the Korean army and the tyranny of such a hierarchy where hazing is practiced because it has always been practiced. The guy who plays the lead is very cute. I assumed his character was gay even though it is never said that he is. The acting is very good. But it is over two hours long I think. The story is told in flashback though in a way that is a bit hard to follow at first.

I finally just watched Bangkok Love Story a couple of weeks ago and I liked it way more than I expected to. After reading all of the poor reviews I wasn't expecting much. I definitely understand why people didn't like it. It is certainly not a typical film like most people are used to. My only issue was all of the very dark scenes where you couldn't tell what was going on. There is some really gorgeous cinematography from time to time though. And the story is very impressionistic which I liked.

Any fuckin' in it?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    House Cinema is my favourite cinema in Bangkok. Great Art House films, great cinema, and it feels like the whole thing is some rich guy's private hobby, as there are NO popcorn crunching chatters in the audience. In fact there are not usually many in the audience at all.

The Lido, in Siam Square, while not having the ambience of House, also has a great range of off circuit films.

Liked
    I'm sorry I can't give better directions on how to get to 'The House'. They should publish printable map in Thai for Taxis on the web site.

Even when you get there, it a chore to find it the first time. Now, there a new big sign, "Where is the House" follow the arrows.

They also could do a better job with promotions. They do run adds in the Bangkok Post on Fri and Sat only but just with the movie titles. If they are running a gay film they could put some posters up at the gay venues.
    E Dok Tong