In the past visits to BKK I have normally had a friend stay with me most of the time. However on this trip I returned to being a butterfly and therefore decided to sample as many bars as possible. The key thing to remember is that the places and boys change frequently. So what you read about today may change tomorrow. It also depends on what your preferences are. I have noted my preferences in my Pattaya bar review.

Overall I found the bar scene to be quite quiet whether I went early or late. In some bars I was the first customer, I saw other bars combine their boys and their show with each other, and some boys did not go in to work until later when the shows were scheduled. I hope things pick up again when high season starts.

Solid Bar - This has always been a comfortable bar to relax in and well run with a good variety of boys. I did not find the selection of boys as diverse as I like so I only visited it once. But if you want to have some fun with a boy in the bar, this is good for that and drinks are only 100 baht and it is a friendly, not pushy place.

Tawan Bar - Another of my past favorites. This time a few of the boys I knew had moved on. I found there to be a little too much testosterone and strutting on this visit. I enjoyed talking to some of the boys but I did not off anyone and only visited once. I was disappointed that for someone who likes muscle, no one struck my fancy this visit. The guys I have offed from here have been a bit older than average but I have always had good service. I did not see any new stunners but perhaps I should give a weekend night a try next time.

Jupiter 2002- I had not been to this bar for quite some time but had always admired their shows in the past. I arrived a bit early and watched them practice. When things started, the owner was a bit too pushy for my taste, telling me several times that if I wanted to talk to a boy I could buy him a drink. So they were pushing the drinks quite a bit as if I was a newbie. He did this 4 or 5 times. I found the boys to be handsome, but not with the tight lean look you see at some of the other bars and which I prefer. These boys were better fed.

Screw Boys - This was one of the pleasant surprises! They have moved back to their old location and in my opinion the mix of boys has improved greatly to the way I used to remember it. There were many handsome and well built boys here. I have never been into ladyboys but there were a few at this bar as mama sans that could change my mind. They were very attractive and friendly. I truly enjoyed talking to them and was disappointed that timing did not allow me to return. I should have gone back and next time I will. The boys were also friendly and most smiling. One came by and started to massage me. He was a bit older, around 25-26, but handsome and looked more Farang than Thai. He had strong hands and was very pleasant. I hope they have good luck with this bar, they deserve it.

Future Boys- This bar had previously been one of my favorites but has declined considerably. It did not have as many boys. There were still a few very nicely built boys here, but it seemed to be a bit more hit or miss. I think they have the most expensive drinks as well. Some of the Captains are also a bit pushy for my taste when you consider they know me by sight. Their business seemed to be down considerably as it was not busy any of the times I entered.

Dream Boys - I was sorry to see that Khun Joe has moved on but Khun M is a great guy and most helpful. There is a great variety of boys at this bar and I offed 4-5 different boys and had a great time with each. (a few I offed multiple times). I find the boys from here to be a bit more willing to relax and visit a bit after all is over than in Pattaya where they seem eager to take off and join their friends. This is a great bar and well run. On one visit I stayed for the show which was combined with the bar below (The Boys). This bar also had some very attractive guys and is worth checking out. The show was ok - a big cock show and some humorous skits. DB seemed to have a better flow of business than most but was still quite quiet on some nights. While not good for the boys or the bar, it was excellent for me to check out the boys. A few boys appear to be in frequent demand.

I visited a few other bars including Fresh Beach Boys but draw a blank about the place and evidently did not stay as I did not off anyone from there.

I really enjoyed this trip as you can tell. I met a lot of very nice and accommodating guys and did not have a single dud in any of the boys I offed. I try to tip them fairly and I feel they appreciated it and it especially helps when I want to off them again. But on this trip, I felt some of the Pattaya bars in Boystown gave BKK some good competition. I will certainly return to Pattaya as I really enjoy the proximity of things. The expected off fee also seems to be quite a bit less, as is the off fee and drink prices. One down side was that the boys in Pattaya seemed more eager to leave a bit quicker than the boys in BKK. The boys in BKK seemed content to stay for a bit, watch TV, eat, chat, etc. I canтАЩt wait until my next visit.

My other related posts are:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14274.html

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14294.html

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14260.html