Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shows or No Shows?

Shows or No Shows?

As a matter of curiosity on my part, how many guys actually enjoy shows? (be they in bars or wherever)

Am I alone in really hating them - either in go go bars, normal bars or even DJ Station?

I love looking at hot guys but not when they are badly choreographed or in costumes.

I see so many people clearly enjoying them - Thais especially seem to love shows -am I missing something here?

~

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Shows?

YardenUK, I personally like well organized shows but some are a bit hokey. I like the show at Katoeys 'R' Us on Bangla Road in Phuket. Well done and beautiful costumes and the gals are a lot of fun.

My bf loves shows as do most Thais. They are an escape and it seems not to matter if they are good or bad. In a Thai persons eyes it is all CABARET! ... and they LOVE cabaret.

Cheers
    krobbie :leb:

I am with you in hating the shows. I, too, like to look at the hot guys, but most shows I have seen in any of the bars around pattaya, do not have hot guys doing their shows--they are ladyboy shows or the fem to very fem guys doing the shows, and like you said, the dancing and lipsyncing is usually very poor. In the old days in Bkk, I think it was Super Lek bar did a bunch of all boy/guy shows which included lipsyncing by guys dressed in regular guy clothes singing current Thai pop hits, and did dancing shows with regular, masculine guys doing the shows--that was entertaining. However, certainly, if drag shows are your cup of tea, you can find them all over.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

drag lip sync

always hated ugly dq's lip syncing, but enjoyed the comedy in DJ's well rehearsed shows

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyJ
    I am with you in hating the shows. I, too, like to look at the hot guys, but most shows I have seen in any of the bars around pattaya, do not have hot guys doing their shows--they are ladyboy shows or the fem to very fem guys doing the shows, and like you said, the dancing and lipsyncing is usually very poor. In the old days in Bkk, I think it was Super Lek bar did a bunch of all boy/guy shows which included lipsyncing by guys dressed in regular guy clothes singing current Thai pop hits, and did dancing shows with regular, masculine guys doing the shows--that was entertaining. However, certainly, if drag shows are your cup of tea, you can find them all over.
    Super Lek had the usual shower show, candle show and big cock shows but I don't remember any guys doing dance/lip sync routines. What I do remember is the shows at the Midnight Cowboy. They were "regular boys" in all sorts of erotic reveling costumes doing various dance/show type numbers. It was not in your face sex, no hanging from the ceiling fucking but erotic and fun.

I went to Dream Boys last night for the midnight show. The house was not very busy. I was a little late and missed the first two acts. 4 guys were slow dancing together in skimpy underpants. Then two guys with huge cocks with their body painted in colorful black lighted paint danced on stage and in/on the seats, touching was encouraged. Then two guys came on stage and did a short dance routine introducing a lady boy with a mike that spoke only in Thai but I understood most of it and it was not worth knowing Thai. She thought she was funny. Then a strangely dressed guy in drag was beat by the two guys with those fake rubber hoses. Then some guy appeared with one humongous cock and they did a fuck show on the stage and in the seats. Drinks 240B
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Debauchery and Depravity, what more could one ask?

The Dream Boys show with the humongous cock costume is getting old. I remember seeing that 10 years ago. I kinda liked the f*cking from the ceiling parts of the show back then.

As for drag queens, Madame Jim is entertaining and seems to do the job rather well. I think it is the jokes and patter that make it for me. He does speak English, after all. I enjoy going to some of those PGF functions.

The most exciting show was one that appealed to my purely prurient desires. It was in Sunee Plaza, natch. I don't remember the name of the bar. I don't think it exists anymore. Anyway, I saw a very attractive guy twirling in a hula-hoop wearing nothing but aviator's goggles. He was very well endowed, and watching his thing move in tempo, well, nevermind. I assure you, it was entertaining to say the least. He went around later asking for tips. After that, another guy brought out a bucket of ping pong balls, and I think I knew what was coming. But just at that moment a bell rang and they all went scrambling to take on their standard dancing poses. I guess they thought the tourist police were coming. But it turned out to be a false alarm and I never got to see the rest of the show. Damn it!

I imagine those days are gone forever. I seem to have absolutely no redeeming virtues when it comes to visiting these establishments. Katoeys then, are a momentary diversion between hard-ons.

Trongpai wrote: Super Lek had the usual shower show, candle show and big cock shows but I don't remember any guys doing dance/lip sync routines

When Super Lek had these shows, it has to be 20 years or more ago--I even stayed at the Tarntawan at that time--which was not run, of course, by Lukas, but by a Swiss company and there was a very nice woman in charge, named Christina or something like that.

I do remember Midnight Cowboy as well, and for a while a very tall white/farang "ladyboy" called Kamala, if I remember correctly worked there for the Singapore gentleman named John who ran Midnight Cowboy. Kamala originally worked at Super Lek and was good for welcoming and talking to the farang customers. Midnight Cowboy was great fun, had some good shows--after John died, it went downhill and closed.

I have seen drag shows since the early days of finding my first gay bar. Didn't like them then and still don't.

MY first show in BKK was at HotMale with the raw right in your face hard core solid disgusting sex with that trapeze swing stuff from the ceiling.
    I loved it then, still do, and always will.

Then went down to Pattaya and did not find the good raw hard stuff like BKK. Still, the shows were entertaining. Wild West Boys had some great acts and very well directed. The cabaret style show at Throb (across from BozBozBoz with the hotel....think its Throb) was very good and the few acts with some drag were funny.

I was back last month and found HotMale had not changed and I still loved the boys with good masculine bodies. Hot wax and big cocks are still erotic for me. In Pattaya I was disappointed! The WWB shows were sort of OK with some good dancing routines. The sensuous moves (oiled bodies or Sang's foam erotic dance) were not as good as on my first trip and they were more into the costum traditional. One night was the owners birthday so it was all costumes. I had to leave Boys Town.

Wandered into Sunee for the first time and discovered Krazy Dragon. I had a great show at my table as they weren't busy and I got all the attention. With a fist full of 100 baht tip bills I had six or so guys giving me a private show. I sponsored a "chuck wow" contest with only 200 baht as the price. One guy came so quick others were just getting it swelled and slow stroking - well worth the 200 baht and a round of drinks for all that participated. For my money, much better than any drag show.

I am with YardenUK and other posters. If its not a good show don't waste my time. And to be a good show for me it needs real boys. I stick my head in and if I see drag, ladyboys, or excess costumes I'm out the door without getting seated.

Really sorry I missed the Super Lek shows. Must have been the good days. But for now "so many boys and so little time".

Some thoughts

Cabaret-type elements are relatively new to Bangkok go-go bars, starting with Extreme about 5 years ago - they had only cabaret and it wasn't long before the other bars picked up on including cabaret elements in their own shows. The problem as many posters point out is that it's largely amateurs. A worse problem is what I understand is known in the trade as "continuity". There's an act, then a break as stagehands fumble around in the dark or the performers get changed, then another act, another break and so on; this tends to make the show longer than necessary. I'd have thought (having once been a newbie and remembering back that far), that the purpose of the fuck show at the end is to stimulate the punters so they'll off a boy; taking up the White Man's Burden on occasions it's my observation that that simply doesn't work any more. Worse, I was in Hotmale the other night and it was the first bar I've visited in a long while where there was a continuous stream of punters walking out during the fuck show, it was so bad. Part of the problem was, I think, the pairs visited every customer in the bar soliciting tips for their performance (and got them, too), so it went on and on and on. The same was true at Classic Boys the next evening although the punters didn't leave (there were few enough to begin!)

The shows should be shorter, with better continuity; generally it's not the show for which the bar exists, but for opportunities for the boys to make a living (and the punters to get laid). Oh, and for those of you who like girly boys and are in Bangkok, I can recommend Classic Boys. It's an odd bar (reminds me of a garage), and not that popular (customers tend to get waylaid by the touts at Dream Boy or Future Boys and don't make it that far down the Soi); many customers go as far as the door, look in and walk away but if you like the younger look I'd say that there's a higher proportion of good-looking gay boys (girly or otherwise) than in many other bars

Note: this post contains genuine opinions and is not a wowpow cut'n'paste effort

Liked
    Re. Midnight Cowboy... Yes, the shows there were great - and maybe memory is playing me false but weren't virtually all the boys there exceptionally good-looking?

I was visiting a friend in his Sapan Kwai apartment maybe five years ago and Kamilla (as I thought the name was) had a neighbouring apartment and was then a full-time English teacher! You are right, SammyJ, she and John made a great team of hosts...
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]