Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taxi from Airport to Hotel

Taxi from Airport to Hotel

Can anybody tel me how much a taxi from the new airport to Tarntawan Place hotel in Bangkok may cost please?
    The hotel has offered to pick me up for 1000 BAHT. Im sure getting a taxi on my own will be cheper?

Liked

taci better option

The taxi is a way cheaper option. When there a few weeks ago i paid about THB 280 plus 60 odd for toll fees and 50 for airport surcharge. They are easy to find now as they are on arrivals floor. About 45 minutes to the Tarntawan hotel.

Re: Taxi from Airport to Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by blacktouch
    Can anybody tel me how much a taxi from the new airport to Tarntawan Place hotel in Bangkok may cost please?
    The hotel has offered to pick me up for 1000 BAHT. Im sure getting a taxi on my own will be cheper?
    Cheaper - yes. Safer? If you like traveling the way Bangkok taxi drivers do on the freeway, and without seat belts. How much are you saving, by the way? $10? You value your life so cheaply?

Taxis are fine, but I prefer to pay extra and have the hotel driver waiting for me.

He then takes charge of my bags, conducts me to the car, offers a cool drink and takes me to the hotel in a safe and professional manner. The hotel staff are alerted to my arrival, check in to the room is coordinated, efficient and hassle free. Holiday is a time for being papered.

Thanks for the info and advice. I will use the hotel's airport transfer service. At least when I get to Bangkok, I dont
    have to worry about looking for a taxi, or having to argue with the driver to put the meter on etc?

At least when I get to Bangkok, I dont
    have to worry about looking for a taxi
    Bangkok new airport ! :flower: There will be a host of taxi drivers offering you transfers from the new airport to BKK. The prices will vary, depending on your familiarity , :clown: with Thailand, and the ability to speak Thai language. :geek:

Liked
    When i stay in bangkok my transfer is mostly with taxi ( and in 20 years always safe ) for about 300-350 baht incl. tip or staying in silom/surawong for 150 baht with airport expres. I dont need to be pampered like a baby. Drivers also care about my bags and check in in tarntawan was same like using their overcharged limousine-service.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

And we all look foward longingly ...

... to the day that BTS Skytrain will travel to the international airport so we can do it for the cost of passing once through the toll plazas on the Expressway :idea:

Liked
    I might as well muddy the waters a little. I like the Tantawan and will happily stay there again, but I'll never use their car service again. Two years ago, too lazy to bother looking for another way, I used them for transfer from the Tarntawan to Pattaya. The driver had me halfway to Don Muang before I questioned his route and he belatedly realized he was supposed to be going to Pattaya instead. Once in Pattaya he had no clue how to find my hotel--the Flamingo. While we were stopped at a toll booth he was flagged and then ticketed by a policeman--apparently a sticker on the windshield (registration? insurance?) was expired. But by far worst of all, the car--a tired Mercedes--had such a worn transmission that it sent an unbearable whine through my skull for the entire trip. I happened to have earplugs with me, but using them made it worse--they filtered out all other sounds but could do nothing about the high-pitched whine. When I'm on vacation I try not to let things like that bother me, and I'm actually fairly easy-to-please, but it truly was nearly impossible to bear. I considered asking the driver to let me off at the rest stop on the highway in hopes that I could find an empty taxi there, but I didn't, and managed to survive the trip--by far the worst taxi ride I've ever had anywhere. And for this I was paying top price--the same price Image Limo was charging for the trip (WHY didn't I call them???) There's a lot to be said for having a pre-booked driver meeting you at the airport, but I'd rather hitchhike than repeat that particular ride. To be fair, the driver didn't speed and drove safely, and chances are that particular car is long-gone, but I'd opt for a regular taxi.

Liked
    I can't believe those who need the security of a hotel taxi for 1000B vrs. the regular taxi stand for 200B plus 60 B tolls. My last few visits to the airport there was no wait at the taxi line. They now have them lined up at an angle to the walkway ready to board. Well marked, easy to find.

The TOA official taxi people were not in the arrival area a few days ago but there were rogue taxi touts just outside the door with 3x5 palm cards with 500B Bangkok and 1,500 Pattaya on the other side. The police were standing with in ear shot of him, so there has to be a pay-off.

Just walk past them and get over to all the meter taxis.

Someone sooner or latter here will recommend going upstairs to departures and catch a taxi dropping some one off. The police try to keep them moving and it's possible to catch one and save the 50B surcharge but once I took one and he refused to turn on the meter and it was too late to get out. I have now heard the same story from two others and one was a Thai. They take off fast and by the time you see the meter off, your on a road where you can't get off.
    E Dok Tong