Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice from agony aunts sought

Advice from agony aunts sought

I live in London with my partner.

I've visited Thailand on 3 occasions. Firstly 20 years ago - the usual backpacking S.E. Asian overland route. Then the 2nd time 12 years ago as a stopover en-route to my home town Brisbane; and most recently in May for one week in the North.

I seem to prefer Chiang Mai and the north (maybe it reminds me of Brisbane somehow?). I've never been to Pattaya, and reading this forum I would like to one day give Pattaya a go, though I donтАЩt naturally gravitate towards beaches and/or hot humid weather. On my most recent trip I did not go into Bangkok.

I've found Thailand to be an ideal stopover to break up my yearly journey back home, and this is where the problem likes. When I go to Thailand try as I might I just cannot behave appropriately. On my most recent trip I took the most desperate step to travel with my moralising sister - and even that came unstuck!

I enjoy Thailand too much to discount ever returning, so please any advice will be most welcome.

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Fly via Singapore.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Hi,

What advice do you want??

Mine is, get out and enjoy yourself, because life is too short to listen to any of us!

I got that impression also ...

... seems that you're making a statement rather than asking for advice.

However, it seems to me also that Pattaya is not your place at all, you seem to me as if you like the cultural side of visiting countries (been and done that), unless of course I have you wrong and you like to seedy side of Thailand, then Pattaya is for you.

Liked
    If you cannot behave properly, Ripley, then Pattaya is the place for you! You will fit in like a glove on a hand or a condom on .......

'Kquill' I totally agree but at present I choose to be stuck in an office jobтАжтАж and so I daydream, and listen to you.

'WhiteDesire' I like culture and I like seedy. I crave to explore more of Thailand. E.g. I've not been to Issaan. But with the travelling comes the temptation - the 'straight' guys I find the best - the eyes, the smiles, healthy tanned skin, jet black hair, the joie d' vivre attitude, the thought they may be temptedтАж. the 'exotic' nature of it allтАж I cannot help myself meeting Thai guys that I develop a strong feeling for (I'm still fond of one straight Thai guy 20 years on!). But ultimately it's the companionship I crave more than the physical aspect.

I'm thinking of the future. Now I'm 46yo. Is it worth making all the efforts, investing time and money, and possibly building a future on - spending more time in LOS? The decisions I make today will affect me tomorrow.

At present realistically I could travel to Thailand twice a year and I can see how it goes from there... and I'm trying to talk my partner into coming too for his first time ever...

Liked
    forget all the evangelical moralizing go have fun, after a while you will forget all about the bible toting parade of TV evangelist who got caught doing the same things you are doing. jimmy Swaggart comes to mind, God knows how many that have never been caught at it.
    All the Best!

Wes

Figuring

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    God knows how many that have never been caught at it.
    Do you think She does?

Liked
    of course she was , lol
    All the Best!

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley1
    ....But ultimately it's the companionship I crave more than the physical aspect....

... and I'm trying to talk my partner into coming too for his first time ever...
    hmmm. Seems like you do have the companionship already. What does your partner think of you "doin' the naughty" on the side? Hopefully he's broad-minded and you two can have a lot of fun together in Thailand.

I wasn't so lucky. My ex wouldn't think of any kind of open relationship and sent me packing. :crybaby:

But now I've got a new life so all's well that ends well. :flower: