Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: High (?) Season update

High (?) Season update

Maybe I'm going to all the wrong places (opportunity for flaming here), but Bangkok at least doesn't seem to be experiencing a high season at all. Sphinx has been very busy all week (people were queueing for tables last night) although at least half the tables were occupied by friends and acquaintances so I know it wasn't a huge tourist trade, but as for the bars in Soi 4 - dull, dull, dull. One of the former owners at Telephone Bar has taken over The Mix in Soi Freeman and the grapevine says it will be known as @Richard. Over on Soi Prostitute, Dick's Cafe looks to be the only place that's doing a decent trade. I was in Dream Boy on Monday evening (departing just as the crowd who turn up to watch the show and leave straight afterwards arrived) and there were 4 customers at 2145 hours, only two of whom left with boy(s) in hand. One of the boys told me he and one of his friends haven't had an "off" all month. Last night in Solid there were three customers at 2230, one of whom was fondling a boy in the semi-darkness down the back, the other two fondled (at most) their drinks (thank god they're only 100 baht) and the mamasan said things are "too quiet - don't know what's wrong". A friend told me he'd been in Future Boys a couple of nights before Xmas and at 2200 there were 6 customers, 4 of whom he knew were not tourists and would not be taking a boy. Perhaps news of early closing has finally got out to the overseas gay market (just as it seems no longer to be enforced) and they're going elsewhere this year

I'm off to Vientiane for a couple of days in the New Year; I'll post a report

Liked

High (?) Season update

Looks like I'm needed in Bangkok! Tell 'em to hang on for another couple of weeks and all will be well! Or, at any rate, I'll do my best!

Liked

quiet in phuket as well

Just got an email from a friend who is in Phuket and he mentioned he went to Tangmo last night .

He doubted if more than 4 or 5 were offed, at least 30 still left

It was the most boys left on stage at the end of a night, he has seen for 3 visits including last year just before tsumanai.

My Way and Tangmo had big crowds but they seem to be farang couples not singles looking for offs.

CU Tonight which has the same show night after night and twice a night is not getting numbers.

He mentioned there were a lot more breeders in the gay bars than he had seen before.

It is only one mans opinion but he has been coming to LOS for 15 years.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Perhaps a worldwide shortage of REAL gay guys ... ?

. . . and looks like we're losing on the demographics.

I recently got back from Puerto Vallarta middle of this month and noticed exactly the same thing there!
    Discos which have usually been wall-to-wall flesh on most nights (December being so-called high season) were pathetically empty ... even on Fri-Sun nights. The Blue & Green Chairs were quite busy, but mostly with overweight and boring gringos ( who wants to see them!? ) ... gorgeous Latinos were distinctly at a premium.
    I've been to PV in November 3 or 4 times before and also March, and each of those trips the joint was chock-a-block full. This time ... a very slow hand ~ por que?

The gay baby boomer bubble is growing old & decrepit before our very eyes, and are getting sick of having fun in the sun ... or just plain fun.
    Adding up mutual fund profits and naming cats is the New Gay Pastime. :shock:

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Minor update

And I have to say, Smiles, that your heart-throb at Balcony (Khun Dew) is sorely in need of a haircut - perhaps he's not getting enough in tips

Liked

The Twilight Zone

I was also in Soi Twilight on Monday evening. Dick's Cafe was busy as homintern says. I love their fruit cake. I've pleaded with the Jomtien branch to start selling it, but not feasible apparently. I visited three bars after Dick's Cafe, all with few customers. Classic Boys has a good selection of mainly gay boys, but the music is always way too loud in there and the flashing lights give me a headache. In the other two bars, Boys Bangkok and Dream Boys, I sat sipping my 220B drinks wondering if any of the bored foot-shufflers on stage were gay at all. If I lived in Bangkok I'd hardly bother with this soi. The Pattaya bars are much better value - cheaper, more gay boys, friendlier. Incidentally, homintern, it sounds as if we might both have been in Dream Boys at the same time. No wonder I soon left feeling a bit off colour. :shock:
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

Bangkok Bars

I think customers are staying away from the bars mainly because of the increase in drink prices and off fees. Perhaps the bosses at BBB group should take note of decreasing number of customers and stop increasing their off fees and drink prices!!!

Incidentally, homintern, it sounds as if we might both have been in Dream Boys at the same time. No wonder I soon left feeling a bit off colour.

You old fools could of got together stumbling thru the soi with your walking sticks.Now Peter UK would you have bent over for Homniturd or would he have bent over forwards to help you out?Just think of the money you would have saved,not having to pay someone to dart you up the arse.

On a serious note for everyone else,it seems Bali is now the most quietest tourist place over xmas.Warnings on our news tell us of possible kidnappings and bomb threats.

Liked

me too

We all must have been in the same place. Maybe we should wear numbers so we all can recognizes each other.

I think the big draw at Dicks is street watching. It's a safe retreat from the touts as well.

Dropped in Taiwan last night. New show, more sex less fluff. It was packed to the rafters with farangs.
    E Dok Tong

Re: Minor update

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Khun Dew is sorely in need of a haircut - perhaps he's not getting enough in tips
    Or getting enough tips in.

Packed to the rafters with farangs! I hope the air-con was on high: Frosted Flakes.