Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever tasted Duriam fruit?

Durian is a warming fruit. It actually raises your body temperature. However, I don't think eating a moderate amount of it along with some booze will actually kill you. A wives tale, it is. They don't go well together anyway.

Delicious fruit ...

Nicely done durain dishes are a highly regarded delicacy. Just try some if you’ve got a chance. You should try durian ice creme.

The trouble with durian is that the fruits stink like hell, and to open the fruit it’s sometimes stomach turning. Therefore many place to not allow staff or customers to bring any durian to there premises.

More information needed?: www.durian.net

Re: Delicious fruit ...

Quote Originally Posted by ttom
    Nicely done durain dishes are a highly regarded delicacy. Just try some if youтАЩve got a chance. You should try durian ice creme.

The trouble with durian is that the fruits stink like hell, and to open the fruit itтАЩs sometimes stomach turning. Therefore many place to not allow staff or customers to bring any durian to there premises.

More information needed?: www.durian.net

Yep,

and a Big hand for " many places" the stuff stinks to high heaven and they complain about us eating cheese!!!!

Re: Delicious fruit ...

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    the stuff stinks to high heaven and they complain about us eating cheese!!!!
    It does taste delicious though. I second ttom - try the durian ice cream !

Its pretty popular - see truckloads of it everywhere you go!

People die from drinking just whisky all the time. The durian plus booze equals certain death thing is a Thai myth. It is not true.

My friend's grandmother

... ate loads of Durian, she loved it - I don't know how much she ate, but enough to cause her severe heartburn on one occasion and she ended up in hospital, they thought she had a heart attack. She passed away a while ago, not from too much Durian though. Similarly, her loving grandson, my ex. had some pickled by his grandmother - I remember seeing it in a jar, but I did not eat it, I'm not sure if my ex. did. Durian does stink though.

Just to be clear, don't go and eat a whole durian with a shitload of whisky, OK?
    That will make you very warm indeed, and if you have a weak system, yeah, it might kill you.

But a moderate amount of durian and then going out and having a few drinks ... why not?
    Durian does really warm you, you can really feel it when you eat alot of it.
    Another common local belief is that the durian is harmful when eaten along with coffee[17] or alcoholic beverages.[5] The latter belief can be traced back at least to 18th century when Rumphius declared that one should not drink alcohol after eating durians as it will cause indigestion and bad breath. J. D. Gimlette stated in his Malay Poisons and Charm Cures (1929) that it was said that the durian fruit must not be eaten with brandy. In 1981, J. R. Croft wrote in his Bombacaceae: In Handbooks of the Flora of Papua New Guinea that a feeling of morbidity often follows the consumption of alcohol too soon after eating durian. Several medical investigations on the validity of this belief have been conducted, with varying conclusions.[5]

Liked

remember this?

"Im just looking where you come from a447 and it says Australia,now i know why we dont have any brain surgeons in Australia."

Now we BOTH know, eh?