List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eating Fresh Fruit? Can I eat the grapes?

Liked

Eating Fresh Fruit? Can I eat the grapes?

I am wondering if I can buy some of the fresh fruit the sell on the street. I would like to buy some of the grapes they sell. If I wash them with bottoled water can I eat them and not get sick?

These are the good'ol days

Of course you can

I tend to wash them in slightly soapy water, then rinse them off with bottled water. With the fruit on the beach, as they have been handling it with their hands after it has been peeled, I tend to swill it with bottled water. However, if you are grape eating off the street then you wont have anywhere to wash the grapes apart from the bottled water, and in my opinion that is not enough, although it is better than using no water at all.

Liked: 1
    yeah sure why not, as long as u wash it with fresh water as u said.
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Eating Fresh Fruit? Can I eat the grapes?

You've surely eaten everything eaten everything else by now, I am sure the grapes will be fine!!

Liked

Geez, Buck, what a wuss...

Buck, if you go back and read your post, imagining it was written by somebody else, even you would think "geez, what a wuss!" What would give you the clue that anybody here might possibly have knowledge about the safety of eating grapes on the streets of Pattaya?

If you knew how many disgusting bacteria and viruses you come across - and eat (even at home) - every day, I think you'd become a solitary monk at the north pole (but, remember, some penguin probably pissed on that yellow snow!).
    If you looked at your hands under a microscope even after washing them, you wouldn't allow yourself to touch you..

I'd suggest you (and I and everyone else here) engage in a little more potentially dangerous behaviors than eating Pattaya street grapes. Here's a Babylon guy worrying about the safety of eating grapes. Again, GEEZ!

Forum's veteran

... miss particular

Buck, when did you become so particular about what you put in your mouth? I think the gathering on this forum will agree ... the grapes are the least of your worries.

Just wash with your water and eat. You don't have to eat the skins of course and by that I don't mean peel them. You can squeeze the 'meat' into your mouth between thumb and forefinger. Me ... just wash with water and eat, skins and all.

Cheers and happy eating,
    krobbie

Iv'e eaten so much arse in Thailand I wouldn't wory about eating any kind of street food. I s this a joke or what.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

i remember

i remember overpaying horribly for grapes in bangkok (petchaburi)
    but wouldn't have thought to rinse them

never got sick

Liked
    I eat fresh fruit all across Asia, I don't worry about getting sick I just eat as the locals do, in ten years I have had food poisoning twice and spending 9 months at a time in Asia. Both times it was in up scale restaurants tat made me sick. God you never know what goes on in the kitchen of any restaurant and I tip well at regular places to make sure they don.t piss on my food. As an American you can never be to careful now days.

Wesley
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked
    Washing fruit is the wisest thing to do. Especially fruit or vegetables such as melons and tomatoes that come in contact with the soil and thus human and animal waste. There are cases where bacteria on the outside of a melon being transferred to the inside by cutting with a knife. Of course any fruit touched by humans has the potential to contain harmful bacteria. Most likely grapes are the least likely to have bacteria on their surfaces. Having said that I have seen women in the supermarche inspecting every grape in a bunch with their hands and rejecting some of them.
    Like others I have been sick from food only that was prepared in a restaurant.